Welcome aboard @Johnny_Mac ,
Enjoy the ride,
You might be able to teach us a thing or too,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome @Johnny_Mac !

3 Likes

Hi guys!
I’m browsing the forum for some time, I think it’s time to introduce myself.

My name is Alex, I’m from Kyiv, Ukraine.
It’s funny but the roots of my interest in bass are coming from Davie504. I’ve started watching it just for fun and I haven’t planned to start playing myself. But since then I started digging more and more: discover bass players, bass lines of my favorite songs etc. And finally, in November 2020 I bought my first bass and discovered this course.

I’m still a beginner but I’m practicing regularly and I feel like I’m doing some progress (I think I’ll post some covers later)

It’s a great community and I’m glad to be a part of it!

13 Likes

Welcome @frem

4 Likes

Welcome @frem !

4 Likes

Welcome @frem

5 Likes

Glad you are here @frem
You will enjoy the course for sure, happy thumping.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @frem,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hi everyone.
My name is Simon, and I’m 61 years old.
From Liverpool, UK.
I’ve retired from work and decided to learn the Bass guitar.
I’ve just started playing, so I’m really looking forward to it.
Just got a Second hand Bass yesterday.
It’s an Ibanez, series 6.
Looking forward to my Bass journey.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @Si26 ,
Enjoy the ride
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @Si26

5 Likes

Welcome @Si26, glad you are here.
If you haven’t already, look into the B2B course, it will kickstart your journey in the best way possible!

6 Likes

Welcome @Si26

4 Likes

Mid-40s family guy who picked up bass last September. Took private lessons for about 7 months. I have prior musical experience as a (failed) clarinet performance major in college. Stopped playing music for about 15 years and decided to give bass guitar a try. Despite my prior clarinet background, I really don’t have more than a basic understanding of theory. My ear training sucks, and I cannot improvise worth a damn. My clarinet experience was basically locking myself in a closet for 8 hrs a day and playing etudes and classical music pieces without ever really “listening” or “understanding” what was going on. I am hoping to broaden my musical horizons and try and learn what I was incapable of doing in college. My ultimate goal however is to have fun and maybe get good enough to play in a weekend bar band or attend a jam session and not make a fool of myself.

Oh, and just purchased the B2BA course

14 Likes

Glad you are here @Old_WannaBe

Sax player here (and now bass for about a year and a half now.
Still play sax…cause its not a clarinet… :rofl: …sorry, couldn’t resist.

3 Likes

Still play sax…cause its not a clarinet… :rofl: …sorry, couldn’t resist.

Thats ok. I understand. All you poor saxophone players that can’t form a proper embouchure and seem to think overblowing is a virtue.

6 Likes

I actually own a clarinet, but have never played it.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Si26 & @Old_WannaBe !

3 Likes