Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @Old_WannaBe

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Old_WannaBe ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome to all. You’ll like it here. Lots of knowledge, good banter and minimal egos.

5 Likes

Hi Everyone! Just picked up the Bass this week. Glad to have found BassBuzz and this forum. I tend to lack focus when learning new instruments and not dive deep, but attempting to play the Bass for the past 3 days has been a lot of fun. I’m starting off with ‘7 Nation Army’ and ‘I Wanna Be Sedated’ to work on my dexterity for both hands. Next week, I hope to focus on muting. I think playing flat handed maybe a challenge bc I have short double jointed fingers, but I’ll try to train them. I’ll be posting my progress on my YouTube channel (Life With A Soundtrack) to hold myself accountable.

12 Likes

Welcome aboard @lifewithasoundtrack ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Glad you are here @lifewithasoundtrack

5 Likes

Welcome @lifewithasoundtrack

6 Likes

Welcome @lifewithasoundtrack

6 Likes

Hey guys! Glad to meet you all :slight_smile:

I’ve been playing various instruments on and off in the past, but this is the first time that I decided to enroll for a real music lesson! I picked up the bass a few months ago and it took me a while before I decided to take Josh’s class. I’m loving it so far! I noticed that recently, I feel like my bass got a little bit “smaller”, like its less intimidating and that I can handle it a lot better now :slight_smile:

I hope to learn more from everyone :smiley:

15 Likes

Welcome Hannah. You should really like it here. Very helpful and friendly people willing to help you in any way they can.

5 Likes

Welcome @hannah.martir

6 Likes

Glad you are here @hannah.martir, no better place to be for what you are trying to do.
Enjoy it and welcome.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @lifewithasoundtrack & @hannah.martir !

6 Likes

Welcome @hannah.martir

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @hannah.martir ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome all new peeps from the past teo weeks. Harder for me to follow everything when limited ti iOS. Much happier when on an actual Imac or the like.

It I do want to offer you all a warm welcome, you have found Avery friendly, happy, loving, supporting, and knowledgeable group to join, amd we like to welcome all to join with open arms

7 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I’m Ryan, from Riverside CA.
I’m 36 and have 2 wonderful little daughters under 5 years old.
Over the past year and a half of being on and off work due to the covid 19 pandemic I have been listening to a lot of music. From jazz in the 50’s to the most modern of rock and alternative. I have come to realize that I cannot just be a spectator in music anymore. I love the sounds that I’m taking in and I need to understand them more fully.

I have never played bass before. In my high school years I bought a drum kit and explored that for a while, so I know what they are about and the sounds that come from them. It was my way of playing music while knowing nothing about notes and key/register. So rhythm is something not new to me. I bought (and sold) 2 guitars in my life but surprise surprise I was not magically great at them without lessons.

So, one day I get this wild notion that I need to learn something new. I am stuck at home frequently with the world as it is now, so why not work on becoming better version of me? Knowing nothing about Bass and having watched Josh and Bassbuzz on YouTube I was fascinated by how he made it seem both entertaining and something that I could achieve.

Got myself a Fender Performer Jazz Bass in Buttercream color, a Fender Lt25 amp, and bought the course. BadAss-dom was sure to follow.

Gave myself 90 days to take in the lessons and set a deadline. I completed it in 48 days, I love the feeling on knowing where to put the note to sound right and the freedom to compose and experiment now.

As a reward for making it through the course I upgraded my amp to an Orange Crush 100, and got my first pedalboard.

Thank you Josh and team, I never thought I would be playing anything. 6 weeks later and I have so many new possibilities, whether it be figuring out a Smashing Pumpkins song or working on Cissy Strut.

My next big goal is to be able to pull off Muse’s Hysteria, so the fact that Josh made a whole video on how to do just that is perfect.

Glad to be part of the BassBuzz community. Keep it Funky and Clean.

13 Likes

Welcome @Low-end_Ryan and congratulations on completion of the course

4 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Low-end_Ryan . . . :slight_smile:

Congrats on finishing the course and hope you enjoy your time with us!

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Glad you are here @Low-end_Ryan

Enjoy the journey.
You have already also found the beauty of upgrading and GAS, another fun journey.

5 Likes