Welcome @seanmayo

6 Likes

I am gonna change it up and go SUPER ULTRA ORIGINAL HERE

@seanmayo, Welcome

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Hello All,

I love listening to music all my life and decided its never to late to learn to play an instrument and make some music myself. Since my firste name is Bas (Bass in dutch) I thought why not try the bass and so it is :slight_smile:

I recently started the course and im with module 5 so far its awesome!

Looking forward to master this instrument and as a bonus i found its a great way to clear my head from my enginering job.

15 Likes

Welcome @Bas

6 Likes

@Bas, Welcome

6 Likes

Welcome @Bas !

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Bas ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Glad you are here @Bas

7 Likes

Hey! Let’s see. I have definitely dabbled with music most of my life. Started playing drums at the age of six, started goofing around with the guitar at 13 and here and there played around with the bass and piano. I never really mastered any instrument, including my vocals. And I always got bored in the music theory classes so yeah. I did write songs and was the lead singer in a band, that released an album on my own record label, Leia Records (Huge Star Wars fan) back in the days when I still lived in Sweden.

So for a long time I have really wanted learn an instrument and master it. Bass has always been so much fun and when I found this online (found you through YouTube Josh) I had to dive in. Since I started I have played bass and gone through the lessons most every day and I am having so much fun. In many ways it is back to basics for me, but I am BLOWN AWAY by your straight forward way to teach and incorporate the theory pieces. I feel like I am finally de-mystifying the bass, the fret board and some of the theory that never stuck is finally sticking. HUGE Thank you!! Just so much fun and feels so cool to finally get it.

And yeah in addition - I have dabbled with the Ukulele, the mandolin as well as some African percussion.

As mentioned, I am from Sweden (born and raised), moved to the US 8 years ago and currently live in Colorado, north of Denver, with my family. Wife, kid & three dogs. Love camping, kayaking/SUPing, boardgames and so on.

Happy to be here!

Thanks
Tina

17 Likes

Glad you are here @tbird

No better place for bass

8 Likes

Welcome @tbird

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @tbird ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome @tbird…you have found the best bass forum on the net. Lots of good info, great advice, and no ego’s.

7 Likes

Welcome @tbird

6 Likes

Welcome @tbird !

6 Likes

Welcome @Bas

7 Likes

Welcome @tbird

6 Likes

@tbird , welcome

5 Likes

Welcome, @Bas