Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Bob here!

I’ve been try to play an instrument for 50 years. Guitar and keyboards just did not click. I’ve been messing around with an old bass a friend gave me for awhile and I decided it felt right and I can stick with it. After checking out several offline and online lesson plans, I’ve decided to be the newest guinea pig and sign up for B2B. Has anyone found having the DVD’s to be an advantage over the online only lessons? I’m undecided which one to go for.

11 Likes

Welcome @buzard Bob! Glad you are here.

I didn’t see any need for DVDs, not even sure how I would play them!
I think it would be easier managing everything in one place online.
The course is organized well, etc.

Enjoy the thumpiest journey of your life!

4 Likes

Welcome @buzard. This is a great forum for us old farts that are new to the bass. No ego’s and lots of good banter and info.

6 Likes

DVDs are useful if you have Internet connection issues. But with either the on-line or the DVD choices, you will still have unlimited access to the course and can go back as many times as you want to review any part of the course later on.

HTH, welcome aboard, and good luck with the course . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

Welcome @buzard !

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @buzard ,
Enjoy the ride,
I would just go with the online stuff, you have access forever, can always go back over what you have done.
And it also keeps you moving in the right direction, therefore you never lose your way.
If you use dvd’s are you gunna remember where you are up to???
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Welcome @buzard. The only advantage to the CDs is if you’re often in an area without internet. There was one person who posted awhile back that he spends much of his time on the road in his motorhome, which is a perfect situation to use the CDs. If you have good internet the online version is fine.

6 Likes

OK, sounds like I’ll go with the regular package. Thanks everyone.

6 Likes

Yup, I’m generally a hard copy kind of guy, but in this case, the online version lets me review the lessons on my tablet wherever I am in the house. It’s pretty darn handy when I’m avoiding my office and the 300 emails I know are waiting. Oy.

5 Likes

Note to self: Send @LeftyChad 300 more emails :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

@buzard, welcome!!!

Wait, are you a guinea pig, or a Buzzard?

A guinea buzzard maybe?

You made a great choice, you will love the courses, glad you found them and the forum

5 Likes

Welcome @buzard

4 Likes

Hi! :heart::guitar:!! My name is Sue. I’ve been singing (badly) with some real musicians for about a year. Just for fun. Just friends not a band. I played the violin from 3rd grade through the next 15 years or so but haven’t played anything since then. That was around three decades ago. I’ve wanted to learn to play something for years but wasn’t sure what. Didn’t want to play the violin again. A while back my friends started telling me I should play the bass. Only had a guitar and a piano and sometimes another guitar and a harmonica in our little “band” So, last Saturday my friend handed me a bass and taught me two notes to play with them for G.D’s Fire on the Mountain and another two for Feeling Alright. They said I did well. :sweat_smile: The next day I ordered these classes and took them for four hours that day. I was hooked! I’ve played for a bit over an hour every day since then. So far I’m very impressed with the classes. Josh, you’re an amazing teacher. I feel happy and positive every time I’m taking them and think about things I’ve learned all day. I’ve played for a bit over six hours total. My first question for you @JoshFossgreen is, At what point can I say, “I play the bass.” ?? :sweat_smile::heart::guitar:

13 Likes

Welcome aboard @sjoy13 ,
Enjoy the ride,
You will have a blast,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @sjoy13 !

4 Likes

Welcome @sjoy13

5 Likes

Glad you are here @sjoy13

PS - you now already play bass!
how well? - that’s the journey.
Enjoy it

6 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:yay! I play the bass!! :grin::grin::grin: Thanks!

5 Likes

Sounds like you’re already playing the bass, just need to perfect it. You were already a musician, since you played the violin all those years. How well did you play the violin? It’s considered one of the most difficult instruments to master, and if you can master that, you should be able to master the bass. The big difference of course, is switching from the treble clef to the bass clef, which is not that difficult.

6 Likes

1008 new posts! Um, Hello all new members :slight_smile:

9 Likes