Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Thank y’all for the welcome! Looking forward to meet you in discussions!

5 Likes

Welcome @tech4u2day !

4 Likes

I decided to pick up bass. I really wanted to play drums, but I ended up fizzling out after about a year (probably 15 years ago) since it was really hard to play solo. I looked at a guitar once and just don’t really care about them or the sounds. Got a ukulele and those cheerful notes just piss me off. Gave up hope. Somehow I stumbled on a YouTube of a bass player and thought, “Holy crap… I LOVE that sound. I didn’t know bass was actually a thing!” And now here I am. I have no musical talent or inclination and I suck at memorizing. I’d like to think I’ll be rocking out in no time, but I think it’s going to be a hard slog until I get good enough to start enjoying, but I’m up for it.

17 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

Welcome to the BassBuzz forum.

7 Likes

LOL, that sounds like something I would say :smiley_cat:

Welcome to the forum. You’ll fit right in with that sense of humor.

7 Likes

Eric you beat me by a millisecond :smiley_cat:

6 Likes

Pretty funny how we were both feeling that statement. :rofl:

6 Likes

Hello @thomas , @tech4u2day and @Otty.

You are gonna not only enjoy the B2B course but the friendly and helpful bunch that make this forum one of the best in any genre on the net.

Have fun.

Have fun.

6 Likes

Glad you are here @Otty

You are not the first easily annoyed, un-musical, mid-late life person here. You’re going to have to come up with something else to distinguish yourself in this crowd.

6 Likes

Hell I am fat, 58 years old, bald and am intending on being the first bass metal God that fits this description. I will wear spandex so tight I can hardly breathe, bang my head with the best of them, and give the malocchio sign while doing it!

9 Likes

Outside of music I like the outdoors and make YouTube videos of my backpacking trips. I can’t post a link apparently, but you can search “otty backpacking” and find my Otty channel.
There :wink:

7 Likes

@EddieJones :
Makes it two of us :joy::metal::metal::metal: keep banging!

6 Likes

I’ll be so stuffed into the leather and spandex, I’ll resemble a blivit (ten pounds of shit stuffed into a five pound bag). And I will do the obligatory duck lips while looking all pouty and sweaty.

7 Likes

Hello @Otty and welcome to the forums. Nice to meet you.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Otty ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

@ming_tea , Welcome!

@Thomas , Welcome!

@tech4u2day , Welcome!

@Otty , Welcome

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Otty !

6 Likes

@JerryP, Aloha!

5 Likes

Aloha Toby!

5 Likes

Welcome! Hope you really enjoy the journey!!!

6 Likes