Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Agree too. I vastly prefer buying used, to the point that I feel like I failed if I have to buy new.

100% of the basses owned by people here are used. 100%. You just get to decide if you want to pay for the “privilege” of buying new, or if you want to let someone else take that hit. But regardless, once you pull it out of that box, it’s now used.

Additionally, as long as the seller is reputable, you’ll probably have fewer unknown problems with a used instrument. As a lot of people here have discovered, buying new via mail order is kind of a warranty/return policy crapshoot. If you can’t try the instrument out in a store yourself, buying new might actually be more risky than used, with the warranty (and associated turnaround hassle) to fall back on.

5 Likes

Hey everybody!

My name is Kevin and I live in Philadelphia. I recently switched from guitar to bass and am absolutely loving it! I’ve found the Bassbuzz videos super-helpful so I figured I would join the forums and chat with fellow bass lovers. I don’t have any bassists in my social circle, so I am excited to chat with some like-minded folks.

12 Likes

Welcome @ming_tea . Good to have you!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @ming_tea ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Glad you are here @ming_tea, welcome to the low end!

6 Likes

Welcome @ming_tea

5 Likes

Hello @ming_tea and welcome to the forums. Nice to meet you.

6 Likes

Welcome @ming_tea !

5 Likes

Hello, everyone. I’m Thomas or Tom, I live in southwest Germany. During high school I played guitar and bass in a rock band. Bass got my love but … while I was working as avionics mechanic for Pan Am and other airlines the music thing dryed out fast.

Today, at the age of 63, I am crazy enough to take the challenge again. One of Josh’s public lessons got me into the course. Good choice, really enjoying every minute! Returning to the bass after almost 50 years is great.

16 Likes

Welcome @thomas Tom, and also welcome back to the bass.

7 Likes

Welcome @thomas !

6 Likes

Glad you are here @thomas

6 Likes

Hello @thomas and welcome to the forums. Nice to meet you.

6 Likes

Welcome @thomas

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @thomas ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

My experience as well! :smiley: :+1:

Welcome!

9 Likes

Hi all. My musical journey started with piano at 6. Then my parents bought me my first guitar when I was a teen - a Gibson ‘75 which I still own and played in a band. After a long nonmusical career I rediscovered the guitar at 58 and bought my first bass at 59 along with this course. Great fun! Love this course

14 Likes

Hello @tech4u2day and welcome to the forums. Nice to meet you.

4 Likes

welcome @tech4u2day

5 Likes

Glad you are here @tech4u2day

4 Likes