Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Josh , Still doing martial arts? I did Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for several years and even competed but stopped with the pandemic. Hope to go back soon? Any other BJJ competitors?

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum @nirajshah2070 ! I wish, haven’t been doing JKD for quite a while, I really want to get back into it, or some other martial art!

6 Likes

Glad you are here @nirajshah2070

5 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

Welcome @nirajshah2070 !

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @nirajshah2070 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hi, My name is Bill, Smitty also works. Back in the day I was a drummer, mostly a garage band, we did have payed gigs. I have been trying to learn bass for sum time. Not a lot of luck. Bassbuzz looks good for sure. Start back at the beginning, and learn the correct foundation. That is my plan. Thanks for your time.

12 Likes

Welcome @smitty54 !

7 Likes

Welcome to all new bass heads…

6 Likes

Glad you are here @smitty54
BassBuzz is indeed the place you want to be, I think you will be very happy with how you progress.

6 Likes

Hello @nirajshah2070 and welcome. Very nice to meet you.

6 Likes

Hello @smitty54 and welcome. I think you’ll enjoy BB.

6 Likes

Thanks you!

5 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @smitty54 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks

5 Likes

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the welcome.

6 Likes

Welcome @smitty54

6 Likes

Welcome @cobaltblue13 , I agree, and I am sure you will find many more who agree that buying used, especially during Covid lockdown where everything is mostly mail ordered, or what you get 15 min to play before they kick you out of the store to let others in, it is much better idea to buy used, let the first buyer take all the drpremtion, and take the benefit of a great deal.
I have bought and sold many basses since Covid lockdown, and have make mostly a profit off anything I sold, which allowed me to keep buying, and selling and buying.
Check out the G.A.S. thread, you will see a lot of us do this, some of us are just in better locations to do so cuz there are more opportunities, in places like Japan and Los Angeles, New York, etc…

@jgannone , Welcome

Agreed

@Pete, Welcome - she has her weak spots, you will find them and expose them and victory will be yours.

@oswegan , Welcome - agreed, I played Guitar before bass, just about a 20 year gap, but the symmetrical tuning is a joy.

@nirajshah2070, Welcome

@smitty54 , Welcome, starting at the beginning is always a great way to kickstart learning. You just get those DUH, or Light Bulb moments where things kind of make sense. Its like watching mystery movies a 2nd time or more, you catch extra clues you never saw the first time around.

6 Likes

Thank you. I haven’t bought the course yet. I will have the money when I sell a guitar. From what I have seen on YouTube there’s enough there I mean this looks like a great way to learn.

6 Likes