Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @markgriffiths125

5 Likes

Hi, How you doing.

5 Likes

Hi, I am a 54 year old guy from germany and I just bought my very first bass and started the course a week ago.

I used to play guitar a little bit many years ago and decided to pick the instrument up again. I really enjoy the learning process and there is a lot of good material out there nowadys. By watching guitar videos I also stumbled across some bass tutorials. I always found bass a very cool instrument but had never really thought about playing myself. Over the past weeks my fascination with the bass started to grow and I realized, that playing bass actually involves a lot of music theory, so I figured, that this might help me get into music theory and really understand what I am doing.

I enjoy the lessons a lot and I find them very relaxing. There is something about the bass that is really special. And I like the idea of supporting the music by laying a foundation instead of being in-your-face like a lead-guitar.

Josh, you have a great way to teach. You really make the lessons fun and I feel like a child on christmas eve, who is excited to open his presents, every evening I come home after work. There is always something new and exciting and fun.

Most excellent! :+1:

15 Likes

Welcome @Snoopy

5 Likes

Thank you Pam

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Snoopy ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Thank you, I surely will.

6 Likes

Glad you are here @Snoopy

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Snoopy !

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Jason and I’ve been playing bass for a little while now but without direction or guidance. A lot of what I enjoyed about learning bass was from Josh’s videos on youtube.
After a lot of trying to ‘just figure it out’ I realized that I needed structure if I was going to really improve, I needed some lessons and this was my first choice.

Thanks for having me,
Jason

8 Likes

Welcome @Jay_LSS Jason!

5 Likes

Is this where I introduce myself? Hope so. I am a small, elderly, spunky, and not naturally gifted in the music department, but it seems I can do this. I picked up a UBass and fell in love with plunking rubberbands. Then I picked up the Squier shortscale mini which has a wonderful neck than almost makes up for its clunkiness. I play with a uke/mando/fiddle folky sting group so the UBass sounds a better, more like an upright. I need to find an old-persons band that has room for a beginner bass so I can practice on the Squier. All the bass players seem to have started when they were 16, not 70.

12 Likes

Glad you are here @Jay_LSS & @Paula_C !

4 Likes

Welcome @Snoopy, nice to meet you. Greetings from Homburg/Saar.

5 Likes

Welcome @Paula_C !

3 Likes

Welcome @Paula_C , you’re not alone. Many of us are 60+. Rock on!

6 Likes

Thank you John. I am looking forward to learning. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you Jerry. There seems to be a nice bunch of people here. :+1:

4 Likes

Hi Jay, yes, the course seems to be very structured. This was the main reason I jumped in. Yay!

4 Likes

Hi there Paula, I am glad to see another beginner who is not a spring chicken anymore. Yes I believe, we can do this. Experiencing other challenging hobbies like learning the guitar or martial arts I came to the conclusion that it is possible to achieve a reasonable level of competence by simply practicing the right things with a well structured learning path. Patience and sticking to a good program is more important than „talent“ in my opinion.

5 Likes