Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome Stephen,
with 53, you are in the a good shape. We still know about the fanatistic times of the 80s music… :wink:

5 Likes

Ahh glad to know I not on my own in the ‘stale, moldy, and ready to toss in the rubbish-spot’. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Rhonda from Canada. I’m a singer who’s done musical theatre and bands (soul, reggae, folk), but I’ve never been a musician. Which sucks, because even doing an open stage means you need to beg and borrow musicians and can’t be very spontaneous.

I was gifted a solid body Kala U-Bass for my 40th birthday, but 6 years on I hadn’t really found the patience to get through more than one song per year before I’d put it down. Then we had the whole lockdown thing and all the live music shut down - and I decided it was finally time to learn. I upgraded to a Fender Mustang and have been developing super simple covers that I can sing along to, but I think it’s getting to be time that I round out my education. I’ll be signing up for B2B shortly, but figured I’d start out with the forum. Glad to meet everyone :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Welcome @Sillymonky

5 Likes

Welcome @Sillymonky

5 Likes

Welcome to the dark side @Sillymonky

6 Likes

To ALL of the new Bass players - WELCOME TO THE FORUM

You’re going to have a great time here on the friendliest Bass forum I have found.
Take it slow and enjoy yourself, you will be amazed at how fast you progress.

Don’t forget to ask questions and remember - THE ONLY STUPID QUESTION IS THE ONE NOT ASKED :+1: :+1: :+1:

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @Sillymonky ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome to the “Gosh Josh Group” :beers:

6 Likes

Welcome to BassBuzz @Sillymonky!

What a cool cover! The bass arrangement went really well with your singing.

5 Likes

You may call me “ -V. “. I had a Hamer explorer as a beginner bass it was my prized possession. I got it for my birthday during my 17th? Year… although it was always cared for in trusted hands of passionate musicians; unfortunately, I was victim to a house a few short years after and as our gear did survive all of our other possessions by some unimaginable phenomenon, it was lost through under the care of the most creative musically driven souls I’ve ever met. I might add as well that I don’t hold him liable for the loss. We were both victims of the same very colourful circumstances which ultimately lead to this. Anyway fast forward 9 years, not a day had passed that I didn’t dream of seeking out a replacement of my (sentimentally) irreplaceable neighbor shaker, eventually it became apparent in my actions trying to slap my 6 string or Dow tuning just shy of that rubbery dull flop tone that I was encouraged to go see if any models caught my eye this year and that a new bass would be right for me. This year my family banded together to bring new light into my spirit with an ESP STREAM 204. and here I am 4 months later having practiced at LEAST 2 hours a day and driven more than ever to play at all times almost unhealthy when I think about it haha naaaaaaah any way yea that’s me TURN IT UP!! SLAPPASLAPPASLAPPA SLAPPASLAPPASLAPPA SLAPPASLAPPASLAPPA

11 Likes

Glad you are here @Sillymonky
Beautiful cover and great voice! Nice bass playing. I think you’ll like the course.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @xlcr89 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Glad you are here @xlcr89

6 Likes

Welcome @xlcr89

5 Likes

Thanks - the arrangement is based on a Debbie Boone cover of this song (I know, I was surprised too :wink: ). Singing and playing at the same time still breaks my brain a bit, but it’s coming :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good to have you aboard @xlcr89

6 Likes

Welcome @xlcr89

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Sillymonky ! That was a great cover!
:+1:

6 Likes

Welcome @xlcr89 !

5 Likes