Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

I’ve had many bikes in my 40 years of riding. Mostly Hondas and one Victory. The ones I did the most touring on were my Honda Goldwing and my Victory Vision. Both great touring bikes.

1 Like

Here’s a pic of me standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona… and another one on my favorite bike of all time, my Victory Vision.

Pam%20and%20Victoria-smaller

4 Likes

Grew up on dirt bikes, had an RD350 and got creamed on it…then a Harley…no wait it was an AMF now I am doing the ADV thing. I like the ability to check out where yonder dirt road goes and camping somewhere along it. But still like the HWY (well two lanes) so I have a Super Tenere ES (1200 shaft drive Yamaha weighing in at 600 plus…not like the dirt bikes and dual sports I grew up with!) PS that Victory sure has sweet lines

3 Likes

@PamPurrs I’m feeling like your bike needs a rose on it to match your bass.

2 Likes

@eric.kiser
Every time I ride it, there’s a rose on the seat. :wink:

4 Likes

Wow that thing’s huge Pam!!

1 Like

852 pounds, but with a low center of gravity. Not top-heavy like Harleys are.
She’s a dream to ride though.

1 Like

Strewth :flushed:
Mine’s about 470.
Looks nice and comfortable :+1:

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

That’s literally twice as big as any bike I have ever owned :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LoL! Well said.

Inspired! I think you need that tat. Rub cooked bacon on it for the scratch and sniff experience.

1 Like

Welcome @rt66az! My fruits and veggies are all humanely kept free-range before I chomp them to bits. :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

No Thank You.

Hi I am new to the bass buzz course and I can say it was the best thing for me. A little about myself- I have played drums for over 40+ years in all styles of music. I am self taught and have always prided myself as a competent player. I have been forced by my health issues to give up drumming due to back ailments and have been pretty depressed over not playing anymore. Music has always been a large part of my life. Up until now I felt a part of me died when I could no longer play drums. I have always loved the Bass and thanks to this course and my love of music, I could not be happier. I have never played a musical instrument and this course has given me the inspiration and opportunity to get back to what I have always loved, Making Music!

6 Likes

@usemickss Welcome to the forum. That is a very nice intro. Sorry about your back and no longer being able to play drums. I’ve seen some drummers with back rests on their drum throne. Would that help?

3 Likes

Hi I’m 65 which when added together makes 11, that’ll do. Just started bass, short scale semi acoustic, Ubass, was going to play with my wife’s banjolele band but now they have a another bass player. Feel like I need to get a full sized electric bass, not sure how that’ll go down. We have 3 guitars and 8 uke’s and 4 banjolele’s in the house (I think, they never all seem to be in the same place at the same time) Toodles pip…

8 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Sorry I missed a few welcomes last week!

Hey Brian @briezim, welcome to the forum! Great meeting you at camp, and good on you for getting up that early to practice! I wish I could get myself up that early…

Welcome to the forum and the course @irontusk666! Let me know how the course goes, I’m always interested to hear how it is for people with previous experience.

And welcome @kwt7667 Ken! Good luck finding the right bass. :slight_smile:

Welcome @usemickss! Glad you’re digging the course.

@howwouldyou, not sure what you’re referring to? I was just linking my JKD teacher for anyone interested in seeing who I was talking about, not directly recommending JKD to you. Kick ass in whatever style you see fit. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sorry it was meant as you shouldn’t thank me but I should thank you. Nothing about the JKD. If I could find an instructor here in Miami I would start.

3 Likes

Ah, gotcha! Punctuation is a fickle friend. :slight_smile:

2 Likes