Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Good to have you here @Jb2904
Finding all of the basslines in songs is something I started hearing more when I picked up the bass and started B2B and it’s fascinating to hear the distinctions. Most people when they listen to a song hear mostly the drum and lead guitar, but as a bass player, you tend to pick up the basslines easier.

5 Likes

Wlcome @Jb2904 !

6 Likes

Welcome @Jb2904
Enjoy your journey

4 Likes

Hi! Here I am, another pandemic player at the ripe old age of 61. I played acoustic guitar in high school and then got side tracked for … 40 years.

Decided to pick it up again a year ago but the guitar just wasn’t resonating (ha) with me as it had when I was a teenager. I finally realized that all the songs that I absolutely love (mostly rock / grunge) had prominent bass lines.

So last week I went out and bought an Ibanez Mikro and have just finished Module 1, lesson 4. I am having BIG FUN.

17 Likes

I have a root beer colored Mikro that I take to work on Saturdays because I have the time…it’s small enough to transport but I rarely use it at home. What do you think of it so far?

6 Likes

Those look like such neat little instruments.

5 Likes

Welcome @sakkasie !

5 Likes

WOO welcome! I love my little Mikro 5. Enjoy it!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @sakkasie ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Well given my almost nonexistent knowledge of basses … I really like it! I wanted something small and not super heavy and this fit the bill. One of the guys at the guitar store did a quick set up and put some new strings (Dunlop Round Wounds) on it and I was all set.

Now I want a better amp. :neutral_face:

8 Likes

It’s very “approachable.” :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you, I am!

5 Likes

I’m managing to stay on, which is nothing short of remarkable.

5 Likes

Welcome @sakkasie
If starting out a simple one 15" (sorry if I got the symbol wrong) size

4 Likes

Glad you are here @sakkasie

6 Likes

Welcome @sakkasie great you gonna tackle it again. I did the same, played guitar and bass at high school age and then… no playing for four decades. At the age of 60+ you are in good company on B2B.

5 Likes

Welcome @sakkasie

5 Likes

@Jb2904 , Welcome!
@sakkasie , Welcome!

6 Likes

Hello all. Just starting bass at 59. I have never played before but was always a lover of the deep sound and funky grooves that only the bass can bring.
After getting covid pneumonia in Jan 2021 along with 10 pulmonary emboli and now lung damage as a result, I have been on disability ever since.
Feeling depressed, I was intrigued when my youngest son suggested that I take up guitar as therapy. What a novel concept! So…I went and purchased a cheap bass and amp to begin my new journey. I fooled around with it for a couple of months but really haven’t gotten serious about playing until I ran across a bassbuzz video on YouTube. I decided to give it a try. Today is my first day. Looking forward to actually understanding how to play and enjoy myself.

20 Likes