Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

@eprov2la I’m so excited for you! Please keep us posted on your thoughts and progress!

3 Likes

Bass is so superior to guitar!:laughing: Please keep us posted! I wish Josh had a guitar class for hub!

4 Likes

I think Guitar Josh and Bassbot make a pretty good team! :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@kwt7667 so you spoke with Bassbot? I ignored him. How is he? Or maybe I should ask him that?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Rob @eprov2la! Glad you’re enjoying the course so far.

Welcome @cdonily! Yeah Rocksmith is a good game and learning adjunct, but not a good primary teaching tool IMO. Hope you get what you’re looking for from the course!

3 Likes

I agree. I have a friend who has been “trying” to learn guitar for a year, using nothing but Rocksmith. She still can’t play chords or chord progressions. She pretty much can’t play anything without Rocksmith helping her. I’ve been unsuccessful in trying to get her to try a different method to learn.

2 Likes

Not yet, but Bassbot is my hero; he can scale faster than anyone!

5 Likes

Josh,

Saw your video and decided, to hurtle towards ‘Bassing’.

My journey is so far short.

Saturday - bought a Rogue (very cheap) Bass,
Sunday - checked out a couple of studios,
Monday - started teaching myself last night.

I was considering acting on lessons, bought a book today.
Then - bought the course.

I am out in Northern Virginia and get rhythmic fits sometimes listening to tunes, I recognize patterns and hear music in almost all things. Old is where I am technically, but this is a cool moment.

You and the other ‘Axers’ in this forum, seem genuine and certainly approachable; while recognizing that if you are doing a business - inclusion is where it should be at.

Let’s see what I can do, with you, with them, and with my heart…the world is a waitin’ for us.

Alx

11 Likes

Welcome to the Forums and to Josh’s course, @alx_G . . . :slight_smile:

Hope you enjoy both!

All best, Joe

1 Like

Welcome @Alx_G!

1 Like

Hi all!

Just saying hi! I don’t tend to be much of a forum participant, but you never know!

A touch about me. I used to play base back in the late 90’s in your standard original alternative rock band. Think Nirvana, Bush, Silverchair kind of stuff. Gigged around NYC at CBGB’s, Mercury Lounge, and such. I had not picked up a base in close to 20 years, but my boss talked me into playing a few songs with him at our holiday party this year and I had a blast. So…here I am. My bro-in-law (Pro Bass player), lent me a bass while I wait for the one that I just ordered to show up. Got myself a vintage Alverez just like I used to play. My wife always tells me I am more nostalgic than creative.

Anyway, looking forward to getting back up to speed and beyond! I loved the style of the youtube videos so, bit the bullet and working to be a badass! See you all on the other side.

-Russ

12 Likes

I played double bass in high school orchestra (far too many years ago)
over the years i have dabbled a bit with guitar, mandolin and banjo but keep going back to my bass. I have taken lessons and did not seem to get the results I was looking for, I am very excited about taking this course.
I have been married 29 yrs to the love of my life
I am a firefighter and a OIF veteran

10 Likes

Sheldon - As a 9/11 family (my brother, south tower 105th floor). Regardless of political views on what was right, wrong or indifferent, Thank you for your service.

5 Likes

Welcome to all of you!

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with nostalgia - even if it ain’t what it used to be. :wink: Welcome to the forums and hopefully you will stick around a bit and provide some insights for those of us with far, far, far less experience with the bass. Band formation and gigging are hot topics around here just now.

Welcome @Sheldon, I think you’ll find the lessons worthwhile and there are players here who have let their skills diminish over the years and found the course beneficial. What most people realise as they work their way through the course is just how much they’ve remembered and how quickly the skills come back to you: It’s like falling off a horse - you never forget how to do it.

4 Likes

Welcome, @russeisenberg . . . :slight_smile:

Good luck with that Alvarez and getting back into it . . . when you get the chance, post up a pic of it in https://forum.bassbuzz.com/t/show-us-your-basses/

Cheers Joe

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Sheldon . . . :slight_smile:

We hope you enjoy your time with us, and wish you good luck in the course!

All best, Joe

2 Likes

Will do! Got an email that it shipped today!

3 Likes

Yeah…not sure that 20 year old advice holds true anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome @Alx_G! Hope you enjoy the course. :blush:

And welcome @russeisenberg! Maybe you can prove your wife wrong about the creative thing by the end of the course. That’s what marriage is about right, proving each other wrong? :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome @Sheldon, hope you get the results you’re looking for from the B2B course!

3 Likes