Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Glad you are here @groaner

8 Likes

@AnotherJosh Bass Aquisition Sydrome will no doubt hit me sooner than later.

10 Likes

Welcome @groaner !

7 Likes

Welcome @groaner ! Super glad you are here. Enjoy the course and keep us posted on your progress!

8 Likes

Welcome aboard @groaner ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Welcome to the family @groaner

9 Likes

Thanks for all the wonderful greetings! Looking forward to digging in some more. Up to lesson 6 of the first module!

I’ve been learning songs on the side as well, but I’m not skipping any lessons. Want to learn proper habits and techniques that I didn’t know when I started.

Cheers!

12 Likes

Hello all!

My name is Chelsea, and I’m new to the world of bass, but not music. I have been singing and playing music for much of my life. I love so many genres I could never choose just one. I have been playing ukulele for several years and play a little piano, guitar, and now bass (I’m a former clarinetist, but I might find my way back to that instrument as well).

I’m also a UX Researcher, vegan, and artist; I love wearing cool spectacles, comic books, and swimming. The beach is my favorite place. I’m learning Japanese too. はじめまして。チェルシーです。よろしく。

My dream would be to join a band and get so good at the bass that I can sing and play simultaneously. I picked up my bass a week ago and signed up for this course, and I love it. It’s been nice to get a refresher on things like reading music and learning so many new bass grooves. Currently, I’m playing a Fender Jazz Aerodyne with a Rumble 40 amp.

17 Likes

Welcome @thatchels, happy you joined us!

8 Likes

Welcome, @thatchels. Really glad you’re here. Your musical background will come in handy. Enjoy!.

7 Likes

Glad you are here @thatchels Chelsea!
Sax player here - always wanted to learn clarinet but just no time.
An Aerodyne is an amazing first bass (I collect 'em from Japan)…

10 Likes

Welcome @thatchels

7 Likes

Welcome @thatchels

8 Likes

Welcome @thatchels to the friendliest forum on the webz.

9 Likes

I see that super sweet new agitate @Mac

How you liking that bass??

7 Likes

I’m loving it @John_E .
Practice is gradually getting longer and longer
And I’m really digging the sound with the Nux amp on the Fender Bassman setting

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @thatchels ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Welcome @thatchels
enjoy your journey

8 Likes

よろしくお願いします!ようこそ!

Looks like you’re off to a great start here :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome @thatchels ! Glad you are here with us!

8 Likes