Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome to the family @pete.g1inf

9 Likes

Welcome @pete.g1inf ! Glad you are here with us!

7 Likes

At 54, I’ve been more of a guitar collector than a guitar player for my adult life. Back in 2009, I bought a cheap Ibanez GSR200 to play around with, thinking “it’s just a guitar with bigger strings and frets, right?”

Soon after, the Ibanez went into a closet and was forgotten.

A couple of months ago, my interest in bass was rekindled and I took out my neglected bass, cleaned it up, put on new strings and adjusted everything. I stumbled across bassbuzz, liked what I saw, and started to B2B course. Loving it so far, and definitely learning some fundamental things self-teaching didn’t.

13 Likes

Welcome @no.treble

7 Likes

Welcome to the family @no.treble, glad you are here.

8 Likes

Welcome @no.treble

6 Likes

Welcome, @no.treble. Glad you’re here. Enjoy Josh’s great lessons.

8 Likes

Welcome @no.treble !

8 Likes

Great to have you here @no.treble

8 Likes

Welcome @no.treble ! Really glad you are here with us! Enjoy the course and keep us posted on your progress!

8 Likes

Hey, everyone! Glad to be here.

I started my musical journey self-teaching piano in grade school and then guitar in high school. My only formal music training was on my high school drumline. I was in a hard rock/metal trio in college on guitar and switched to bass after our bass player dropped out. I’ve been in love with the bass ever since. I’m 52 now and have been playing on-and-off most of my life.

I’ve only played with a pick until recently but have always wanted to learn fingerstyle to expand my knowledge. So I picked up B2B to get some teaching under my belt and to learn to play without a pick. My bass is in the shop right now, but I can’t wait to get it back so I can start. I’ve been going over the lessons in the meantime and I’m very impressed so far. There’s quite a bit a self-taught hacker like me is learning so far.

It was always hard to find instruments as a lefty and my first bass was a Rogue, 4-string. It’s always been good to me and I got a new Rogue LX200BL about six years ago. It sounds great and does exactly what I want it to for under $200, so I consider it a steal.

I’m excited to continue my musical journey here. thanks, Josh, for putting all of this together.

13 Likes

Welcome @haynesmagic

6 Likes

Great to have you here @haynesmagic

6 Likes

Welcome @haynesmagic, welcome to the family

7 Likes

Welcome, @haynesmagic. You’ve come to the right place. Very glad you’re with us. Enjoy learning a ton from Josh!

6 Likes

Welcome @haynesmagic !

6 Likes

Thanks everyone!

8 Likes

Welcome @no.treble and @haynesmagic

8 Likes

Welcome @haynesmagic

7 Likes

Welcome @haynesmagic ! Really glad you are here with us!

7 Likes