Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Greetings. It’s good too hear from someone else starting out at an older wiser age. Don’t feel alone I’m into this at 74. It’s a daily learning process and it and you will get better and better. Your support group may only be yourself, but you are the best. The sun rises everyday. Time to get out backsides in gear and bend some strings. Enjoy…

10 Likes

Is that some 24 karat @haynesmagic in the aaaiiirrr i hear?

5 Likes

Hey fellow bassists,
let me introduce myself. Music has been by companion for quite a long time. Although I was trying to learn guitar when i was 18, I really started with the music when I turned 30 and got a piano. I used to spend nights and days practicing my favorite songs and tunes and although I cannot read the sheetnotes and my understanding of the music theory is rather vague, I love music. At 37 I returned back to the guitar - acoustic at first, then electric some time later. Soon the ukulele showed up (my wife simply knows what makes me happy) and it’s slightly over 18 months since I bought a bass guitar. To be honest, it was sitting next to the guitars untouched for quite a long time, but know with BassBuzz I love it and play it far more than the guitar.

Since I kind of don’t like the amps, I play everything within my PC using the Guitar Rig 6. Their BassPro and BassInvader virtual amps are great, but honestly - I have nothing to compare with. I love the simplicity of use (just plug the cable in the bass and start playing right away, no setting up the amp etc.).

Still have plenty of guitar habits that I need to get rid of while playing bass, but the pace of the course is great, just my cup of tea.

Josh, you’re doing a great job! Thank you and I am happy to be part of this community!

12 Likes

Welcome @potvora . You’ll love it here

6 Likes

Welcome @potvora

7 Likes

Welcome. @potvora. Very glad you’re here. Enjoy learning from Josh!

8 Likes

Welcome @potvora

8 Likes

Welcome to the gang @potvora, glad you are here.

8 Likes

Welcome @potvora !

8 Likes

Great to have you here @potvora !

8 Likes

Hello beautiful humans, I’ve always wanted to learn the bass and never made the time. I’ve always been fascinated with musically gifted people! My dad was one of the best bass players in Southern California, he played with Kenny Serrat and also with Merle Haggard. He was so talented but passed away before he could teach me how to play. I am so excited and feel blessed to finally have the time and inclination to learn. I work as an advocate for families in crisis, also for the foster care system in Missouri and find myself tired and burnt out all the time, but I’ve found some passion again with music! Josh has been an amazing teacher; I feel like I’m already jamming and I’m only on lesson 3…lol! I’m going to learn this instrument if it’s the last thing I do, hopefully my dad is watching me from above and proud that I’m carrying on the family tradition. Happy Learning Everyone!

16 Likes

Welcome @bass_love82

8 Likes

Welcome, @bass_love82. Glad you’re here. This is the perfect place to learn all about bass and make your Dad proud. Enjoy!

9 Likes

Welcome @potvora ! Really glad you are here with us!

7 Likes

Welcome @bass_love82 ! Really glad you are here with us. That’s a touching story. Seriously.
If you want to learn the bass, you’ve come to the right place-Josh Will have you beating the strings off it in no time. Please enjoy the course and keep us posted on your progress!

9 Likes

Welcome to the family @bass_love82, glad you joined us

9 Likes

Great to have you here @bass_love82.
Fantastic that you are wanting to carry on and connect to your dad in this way, makes it all more meaningful when this connection exists.

Enjoy the course (I promise you will) and ask any qeustions you have here, we are all happy to help.

9 Likes

Welcome @bass_love82

9 Likes

Welcome @bass_love82 !

9 Likes

Nice to have you with us. You’ve found as wonderful place to hang out and learn Bass stuff. It’s a riot in here. Hope you enjoy!

9 Likes