Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome to the gang @cullen, glad you are here.

9 Likes

And anything beyond the 16th fret?

8 Likes

Thanks @AnotherJosh. I’ve been “lurking” for a couple of days before posting my introduction, it seams like a nice place.

8 Likes

Spoiler alert! Josh does have lessons that require playing above the 16th fret. Just saying.

7 Likes

@MikeC No slapping, no picking and nothing above the 16th? I’ll be through this course faster than Dee Dee Ramone can count to 4.

8 Likes

I think I’ve been doing replies wrong. According to this Discourse User Guide I’m supposed to have included the other person’s username. Forum Noob!

7 Likes

Nah, you’re good.
Only do the @name if you want to call their attention to what you are saying.
You can simply reply to a post and it will attach the reply to the post (but it keeps it in order of postings in the main thread but puts in a reference to the reply.
Or simply just reply to the entire thread, we mostly can figure out who is saying what about what.

8 Likes

Thanks for the explainer. Now that I’ve looked around a bit more, it does in fact make that clear at the bottom of each topic with a summary of what sort of notifications one might expect!

Now I feel goofy for going back and editing my previous relies so that they included @name! :grimacing:

7 Likes

Welcome @cullen

8 Likes

Welcome aboard @cullen

9 Likes

Welcome @cullen @febusfarms
Enjoy your journey

8 Likes

Welcome @cullen . super glad you are here with us. I’ve now added a uke bass to my wish list

8 Likes

Go for it. There’s tons of choice out there, acoustic-electric (like mine) or solid body U-Basses.

7 Likes

Hi from Tuscaloosa, Ala. Thought I would throw my 2 cents in. 1st of all want to thank you Josh for all you do . Purchased your btb dvd course and really enjoy it. The way you teach is an Inspiration too me, and hopefully many others. Lost both parents at age 7, so came here to live. Found a old guitar in the closet, didn’t have but b and e strings but something about it turn me on. So ended up getting my first real electric at age 8 with s&h green stamps which I still have. Continued to play until age 33 picked up Banjo. begin playing with one amerture band, two pro bands… developed border line Parkinson’s. Never been without a string instrument in my hands, so turn to Bass, less tedious, 1st bass , 1990 JP 90 bought in 1991. Second Bass Amer. Fender Jazz. Love them both which brings up a question. For you bass enthusiast how do I tell what year my Jazz bass was made by looking at the serial #. Sorry for any typo. P.S. enjoy all group post. Oh yeah for all you baby boomers. I’m 72 love ZZ Top , but when I play their songs they sound like belly rubbing music :smiley:. Thanks again Josh.

13 Likes

Welcome @Earthquake to the subterranean abyss. I’m from Sylacauga so not far from you.

8 Likes

Welcome @Earthquake

8 Likes

Welcome @Earthquake, glad you are here. You can find out the production year of your Fender Jazz by going to their website in the link:

Serial Number Lookup

Or check out this site, and it will tell you how to decode the serial number for older basses.

https://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienummers-fender_eng.php

Good luck

10 Likes

Welcome, @Earthquake. Really glad you’re here. Josh’s lessons are like home cooking for the soul. Enjoy!

8 Likes

Welcome @cullen

9 Likes

Welcome @Earthquake

8 Likes