Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Just join yesterday, didn’t want to get booted today :blush:Thanks!

5 Likes

1990 JP90 fender USA.

5 Likes

No sir, not at all.

3 Likes

You were close another Josh .

4 Likes

Thanks guys for all the info.

3 Likes

Thanks! Already enjoying it so much

3 Likes

My name is Eddie

3 Likes

You’ll probably fall in real well, Eddie. This group is about the nicest folks around. Plus you might find out about oil viscosity, or about the actual speed of light (roughly @JoshFossgreen doing a major scale…)
Have fun, play bass. Good times around here.

7 Likes

As is mine.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Name is Eddie. Nick name Earthquake! That works for me.

4 Likes

Having a blast. Great group of people I’ve had the Opportunity to chat with. If I say or post anything that’s not in Compliance please bring it to my attention. Thanks everyone!

5 Likes

Folks here would let you know if you cross a line. You’ll be cool.

6 Likes

Hi Ya’ll

Here goes, I just turned 40 and I have always wanted to play an instrument but due to soo many factors like working full time in college, having the means, and time as well as never thinking I could be able to self esteem wise I put it off. Then one night after watching a Cliff Burton youtube video I was recommended a video from Bass Buzz and then the rabbit hole commenced.

I have zero music training but I felt like watching Josh’s videos his teaching style and personality really resonated with me and I began thinking “Why not me?” yes I just turned 40 but to hell with that, I feel half that age. Fast forward to this week and my new to me bass and amp arrived and I have never been happier, even if my medium sized hands are struggling haha.

Not only am I excited to get home from work to practice but also at work during down times I put in my headphones and listen to the playlists he has created and I generally feel soo happy that I have finally taken the plunge and putting in the work for something I never thought I would be able to do.

I look forward to meeting and sharing journey with the rest of the group here.

Apart from that, I am your typical Gamer, movie buff, Fantasy and D&D geek. I am a masochist when it comes to my local sports teams but hey, the wings and beer helps :slight_smile:

Cheers!

16 Likes

Thanks Josh! Just can’t get the picking Fingers up to speed. Especially 16th notes no Arthritis, maybe old age. Any Suggestions?

7 Likes

Welcome, @HitmanV8. Glad you’re here. No one is ever too old, too young or too anything to start learning how to play bass. Josh will show you how, and you’ll have a ton of fun doing it. Enjoy!

7 Likes

BTW I plumped for the online / digital version of the course. Started today.

8 Likes

Welcome @Earthquake from another newbie.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome young @HitmanV8.

6 Likes

Great to have you here @HitmanV8

7 Likes