Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @GrimJeeper

7 Likes

Howdy folks,

After not play the bass for almost 30 years I decided to pick one up and get back into it. I watch a lot of live music and I decided I should be making some again. I bought a Yamaha TRBX174 and I’m very happy with this to get back into playing.

I’m from the same town as the late Cliff Burton and we had the same teacher several years apart (me after his death). That teacher taught me a lot of fundamentals along with Metallica songs.

Even thought it has been years I seem to be flying through the early lessons and exercises. Any recommendations on at what pace I should be moving through the lessons?

Cheers,

Richie

11 Likes

Welcome, @pezcollector1974. You’re in a great place for a lapsed bass player. I was one, too. Have no doubt, the first several lessons of B2B are indeed fundamental. But they shift into new and exciting gears rapidly. Just hang with ‘em and have fun with the easy stuff. Eventually, you’ll be guided into some truly groovy stuff. And I’m not using the term ironically. You will groove. Just follow Josh’s lead and enjoy!

7 Likes

Welcome to BassBuzz @pezcollector1974 !

Everybody has their own pace. There are 1/3/6 month plans but you should do it fast enough to keep having fun and slow enough to absorb as much as you can.

7 Likes

Welcome @pezcollector1974

7 Likes

Welcome @pezcollector1974

6 Likes

Welcome @GrimJeeper ! Really glad you are here with us! As for being a little older and starting from zero? There’s a bunch of us here ( myself included ) that did exactly that. You’ve come to the best place possible to learn.
As for gear choices, everyone here is on point. And you done really well choosing a bass to start with.
Please enjoy the course and keep us posted on your progress!

8 Likes

Welcome @pezcollector1974 ! Really glad you are here with us! As for the right pace? One of the very best things about b2b is that YOU set your pace.
Please enjoy the course and keep us posted on your progress!

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @pezcollector1974, glad you are here. What they said :point_up_2::point_up_2:

8 Likes

@pezcollector1974 Welcome

8 Likes

Welcome @GrimJeeper & @pezcollector1974 !

9 Likes

Welcome to the dark side @pezcollector1974

6 Likes

Great to have you here @pezcollector1974.
My mom lives 5 minutes from the Pez factory.

6 Likes

Sigh…behind again…
Welcome to the family to all of our new members!

7 Likes

Welcome @GrimJeeper and @pezcollector1974 :grin:

8 Likes

Welcome from a fellow jeeper.

Eugene is great. Vladi gets most of the attention after Tatiana who is a goddess, but I love Eugene’s work.

I hate to advise people to spend money, but my experience is buy a good strap. And invest in strap locks

7 Likes

Just got our Jinjer tickets for both Florida shows this Fall!
Definitely need to figure out the rest of my gear.

5 Likes

So jealous. They’re not coming anywhere close to me this time around.

I you have gear questions there’s plenty of threads to ask questions in, so fire away. We won’t steer you wrong, though we may get off subject. We don’t judge questions so ask anything you want.

7 Likes

Welcome to all the new Bassists that have joined us.
Enjoy your journey

9 Likes

Looked at lots of YouTube lessons , and always found myself going back to BassBuzz. I personally think this is where I belong. Just hang in there.

10 Likes