Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Well I guess I’m having pizza for dinner. Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us. :grinning:

Pineapple - yes or no?

8 Likes

Oh boy, a pizza toppings rabbit hole. :roll_eyes:

Traditionally? No to tropical fruit.

Practically? Whatever you can throw on top of a pizza that doesn’t fall off. :pizza:

8 Likes

I was waiting for this question…

Definitely! I like to balance it with something spicy though so I’ll add jalapenos or extra red pepper flakes.

8 Likes

Tomatoes are a tropical fruit you know. Just helping out.

9 Likes

I love to just sit back and watch people debate toppings. :rofl:

8 Likes

Some people get all bothered by the pineapple but they forget there are others putting hot dogs and french fries on pizza like it’s normal…

(It’s actually really tasty if you haven’t tried it)

8 Likes

Don’t you have a Carpenter’s album to listen to? :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

My grandparents came from Italy. Pizza over there is completely different, and that’s not even getting into the pizza shenanigans in Japan

It’s food, eat what you like

7 Likes

Welcome @cheeze_pizza . You will like it here!

8 Likes

You have an exquisite palate!

Spicy Hawaiian (Ham, Pineapple, and Jalapeños) is my favorite pizza pie!

8 Likes

I know of a restaurant in Santa Cruz that slices glazed donuts in half and uses them as hamburger buns. :nauseated_face:

9 Likes

Heresy!

5 Likes

I could not agree more.

I love many styles, and I definitely respect all the different types of Italian pizza as well as the many regional ones here in the US. (I’m originally from the Detroit area, so a thick Sicilian style pie is what I’m most accustomed to, now they just call it Detroit style.) :smiley:

Sorry if I derailed the bass chatter…

6 Likes

Initially, tomatoes were tropical berries. Now they are grown all over the world, in any temperate climate. So a tropical climate is no longer a requisite, unlike for something like the pineapple, a tropical fruit.

5 Likes

Thanks, you reminded me. There’s a whole stack of Carpenters albums I need to remember to ignore. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I’ve got friends in Santa Cruz. They smoke really good weed there. Gotta put pizza toppings and hamburgers in context to understand why they exist.

2 Likes

in the tropics Tomatoes are a perennial, not an annual. So yes they are grown all over, but are still native to the tropics

2 Likes

Fair enough. Tomatoes were initially from a tropical climate.

Since they now grow all over the world, outside of the tropics, I don’t think they are widely referenced as a tropical fruit.

I was referring to fruits that need a tropical or sub-tropical climate in order to grow, including, but not limited to:

• Açaí Berries
  • Dragon Fruit
  • Guava
  • Mango
  • Passion Fruit

And, yes, pineapple.

And now we have come full circle.

Like a pizza.

Which I am ordering right now.

Without pineapple, but with a spicy red tropical fruit sauce. :wink:

4 Likes

Oh great, another thread derailed for a pizza toppings argument :roll_eyes: