Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @mark.b @Mr_Daikon enjoy your journey

7 Likes

Welcome to the family @mark.b

6 Likes

Hello all newcomers (and old goers),

For those unaware, we do a ‘live’ Zoom hang once a month, talk basses (and sometimes bagpipes @TNKA36), music and pretty much whatever.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

The Rocktober Live Hang is upon us

When? - Sundays 20:00 UTC (4:00 EST) maths ensue from there…
Who? - Anyone in the forum who wants to come hang and meet up with others
Where? - Zoom

Here are the dates for the balance of the year…
October 9 (THIS SUNDAY, WOOT)
November 6 (back to 20:00 UTC)
December 4

B2B Live Hang Meeting Link (Reoccuring)

Come on and join the gang!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Andi Jane Woernicki. Used to play a Rick 4001. Have a new Spector NS 6 coming in in November. My first 6-string. So excited. Black stain, ebony fretboard, DR Pure Blues rounds.

I’m a hard rocker, some Blues and Rockabilly, madly in love with Bobby Chouinard, tend always to play to my drummer.

I live in Southern New Mexico, a musically deprived wasteland. Beautiful but makes one wish for New York often.

Have a new Positive Grid Spark with cool tech bells and whistles, which is a must given that I mostly play by myself, not by choice since I do play well with others. But like I said: Musical wasteland. Folk and jug bands anyone? :crazy_face:

So that’s me. Glad to be here. Will upload a pic as soon as I figure out how.:partying_face:

14 Likes

Welcome, @AndiJane. Glad to have you here. Sounds like you’ve got a nice rig and a new axe on the way. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Welcome @AndiJane

6 Likes

Thanks! Happy to be here. Nice people, interesting topics.

5 Likes

Welcome @AndiJane ! Looking forward to your pics!

7 Likes

Welcome @AndiJane !

6 Likes

Welcome to the group @AndiJane, glad you joined us.

6 Likes

Great to have you here @AndiJane

5 Likes

Welcome @AndiJane

6 Likes

Welcome AndiJane! Glad you are here with us. I know all about music wastelands. I live in Lubbock, Texas, where we have both kinds of music, “country AND western”. To be fair, the Buddy Holly Center for the Performing Arts does get some pretty good concerts.

4 Likes

Welcome to the subterranean abyss @AndiJane

5 Likes

Thank you, Eddie. Hapoy to be here. Interesting folks and topics.

5 Likes

Hi, Eddie! Thanks! Makes me feel welcome and at home. I’m a bit surprised about Lubbock, it being the home of Stevie Rayand Jimmie Vaughn. But about Country AND Western: I’m reminded of a funny story about that from the Blues Brothers movie. They go into the bar and ask, What kind of music do you usually have here." And the bartender, played by Rosie Schuster, I think, says, “Oh, we have Both kinds here, Country AND Western.” I am not a big fan of either genre but I do love the beats, primarily Western, that simulate trains, horses, riding fast! It’s the drum rhythms that get me and I have to play along.

5 Likes

Thanks, Josh. People are so welcoming. It’s great💚

5 Likes

Thanks, Stev. I think I am going to enjoy this :blush:

5 Likes

Thanks! Been looking at my response posts to people and it doesn’t look like linking from the emails sets up direct replies. Hmm. I guess I have to go specifically to everyone’s post to reply to them. Ooops! :upside_down_face::white_heart:

4 Likes

Respectfully, no, ma’am, the Vaughn brothers were from Dallas, a very far piece from Lubbock.

And their chosen home became beautiful Austin, because Austin - The Live Music Capital of the World.

3 Likes