Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @mikejeris72
Have fun!

6 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I’ve just recently discovered this forum and want to introduce myself. I come from a musical family, mother and sister were pros. I played violin and a tiny bit of piano as a kid then put it aside for school and work. Earlier this summer I retired from a good but stressful career. Wanting to bring music back into my life I picked up the old violin. Turns out I can still hit a few notes while only being a little squeaky. :upside_down_face: Then, a friend picked up a Kala Ubass just for fun. We have a few friends who play guitar and the thought was to have it around and see who picked it up. Well, I guess it was me. One day I was frustrated with figuring out notes on the violin so I picked up the bass to figure out the tune. I immediately fell in love with the warmth of the tone and thought I have to learn to play this thing! Next I stumbled upon the B2B lessons. Suddenly I was obsessed with playing that little bass. It was the first thing I would think of each morning. As the course progressed I felt cramped so a while later I picked up a Squire CV 60’s Jazz Bass - love it! Plus it’s the pretty Daphne Blue!! Anyway, I can’t say enough about the B2B course. I’m learning so much and it’s really keeping me engaged with learning to play a new instrument and reinforcing theory in a friendly way. Thanks Josh! I’m really looking forward to being part of this community.
-Sarah

19 Likes

Welcome @mikejeris72 and @serieke

6 Likes

welcome @serieke !

7 Likes

Welcome, @serieke. Glad you’re here and enjoying the lessons. Have fun!

5 Likes

Welcome All aboard

8 Likes

Great to have you here @mikejeris72

7 Likes

Welcome @Bass-at-40 !

8 Likes

Welcome @mikejeris72 !

6 Likes

Welcome @serieke !

6 Likes

Welcome @serieke
Have fun!

7 Likes

Welcome @mikejeris72 and @serieke !

6 Likes

Was about 58 when I first picked one up.

6 Likes

Welcome in @Bass-at-40 !!!

It seems a few folks have drawn inspiration from Davie504 as I have! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

7 Likes

Welcome @serieke

6 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome!

7 Likes

Welcome @serieke

7 Likes

Great to have you here @serieke

7 Likes

welcome to the family @mikejeris72 and @serieke

7 Likes

I will confess that earlier in the year I started watching some of his videos which planted the ‘I should try bass’ seed. But as I have a lifetime history of starting hobbies on a whim, and spending a bit too much money upfront, I let it go. Then I got a bit tired of the same silly humour Davie uses, so I looked at other bass channels like Charles B. And then I started watching Josh, and bought a bass the next day I think, and signed up to B2B :slight_smile:

10 Likes