Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Speak for yourself I rather be called SilverBeards, As i usually have a silverback sitting on my shoulders

6 Likes

Welcome @serieke, Enjoy your journey

5 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

I always do.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
So do I

2 Likes

That’s actually really similar to how it happened for me. Once I’d watched a few videos from Davie, Josh’s stuff started showing up in my recommended list. Watched a few of those and away I went.

The JHS pedals stuff is pretty good too (unless you don’t want to develop an addiction for buying pedals / G.A.S attacks).

10 Likes

Welcome @serieke

6 Likes

Hi everyone.

My name is Gleber and I’m 44 years old. I’m Brazilian living in the USA for 20 years now.
As a kid, I first played percussion at the school’s marching band and quickly switched to a trumpet and eventually saxophone. When I was about 12 I had Keyboard lessons. At age 14 I got my first acoustic guitar which I still play. Like my dad says, you play too many instruments but nothing well. lol. in 2013 I decided to go and get a bass. I got a Gibson 13 EB, did 5 lessons at a local music store, and quit due to my work hours and no time for practice. The bass stayed decorating the living room wall for the last 9 years until 2 weeks ago when I went to a friend’s house who plays bass and his son drums and we jammed together. At that moment I decided to go back to learning bass. Did some research online and found Josh and I felt the connection. He has a great personality and his method to teach is so good. One week into the course, halfway through module 5, and so excited. Learned a lot so far and looks like the dream to play bass will be fulfilled. Finally, I decided to join the forum and I’m happy to see a very active and friendly community
I’m planning to start the 50-song challenge, and I hope I can contribute to the community.

19 Likes

Welcome @gmoura.

9 Likes

@gmoura Welcome aboard

9 Likes

Welcome @gmoura ! This made me laugh, as I sometimes apply this thinking to myself: jack of all trades, but master of none :smiley: Not with music though, just with the many short lived interests I’ve had over the years. Glad to have you here in the community!

14 Likes

Welcome @gmoura

9 Likes

Welcome, @gmoura. Very glad you’re here. Enjoy the lessons!

8 Likes

Welcome to the happy bass bunch @gmoura :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I know that thought, too… My husband is already taking beds at how long it will take for me to ditch tae kwon do in order to have more spare time for bass practice :rofl:

13 Likes

Combine them!

14 Likes

Nah…. I wouldn’t sacrifice even my cheap and used ibanez bass for that kind of shortlived „pleasure“ :wink:

9 Likes

Welcome @gmoura

9 Likes

Welcome @gmoura
Have fun!

9 Likes

Welcome to the gang @gmoura, glad you joined us.

9 Likes