Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @KWIF! You’ve come to the right place.
Jerry

1 Like

Welcome! I love upright bass too, though I’ve never played one. I just find the electric bass more practical, easier to mess around on, and better for finding others to play with.

1 Like

Welcome aboard, @KWIF . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

@KWIF welcome to the forum!

Since you are proficient on the stand up bass, you might consider a fretless electric bass to solve your problem of always hitting the frets.

1 Like

Nice “Woofer” in that first picture :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @KWIF!

2 Likes

Hi all!

Bought a bass about 10 years ago and unfortunately went nowhere because I got really sick with cancer. It’s taken many years to get back to the point of being able to pick up the instrument again.

I coming from another online lesson system (done by a major instrument manufacturer) which while good, left me wanting to learn more. I’ve had enough student time in other subjects to recognize that Josh has the teacher’s touch.

Really, really happy to be here.

Cheers, Paul O.

14 Likes

And we’re really happy you’re here with us, @pdfromwv ! . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Welcome @pdfromwv!
Jerry

2 Likes

Welcome Paul @pdfromwv, glad you’re back on the bass and that you’re enjoying my lessons. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi. I’m excited to be part of the BassBuzz group. I’m a beginner. Played piano as a kid. Wasn’t a fan!
Always thought bass players were the coolest. Kinda keeping the whole thing together and everyone on task…
I am a physician and have a (right now) stressful job and really enjoy my new hobby to focus on.
Nice to meet you all

Thomas

10 Likes

Welcome to the community @doctspedersen!

1 Like

Welcome @doctspedersen same here, not the same job, but the same reasons .

1 Like

Hi guys,

All new to the forum and the ‘beginner to badass’ course so let me introduce myself.
44 year old male from Belgium (Europe). Always wanted to learn how to play the bass but never actually started doing it. Did some things with synths and keyboards and drumcomputers etc. but the bass had to wait till my divorce.

First 2 numbers I was able to play along were ‘Monkey gone to heaven’ and ‘Hey’ both from The Pixies. Josh, maybe you can use these in a future version of the course, they are easy to learn too.

Hope to talk so much more with you guys about basses and maybe, who knows, one day to jam with one of you.

Cheers,
Sam

9 Likes

Welcome to all the new joiners!

Awesome. I love all of Doolittle. “Here Comes Your Man” is fun too, a little harder than those but still not so bad.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, @doctspedersen and @SamAdler . . . :slight_smile:

Great to have you with us!

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

Welcome @SamAdler to the community!

3 Likes

Er du fra Danmark, Thomas??

Tak for den store indsats I yder, altid, men især lige nu :smile:

Velkommen til!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Thomas @doctspedersen and @SamAdler!

1 Like

Hejsa.
Det kan du tro!
:denmark::denmark::denmark:

1 Like