Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome, @lrosenblatt8 . . . :slight_smile:

If you can jam with friends already, you should get a lot out of the course!

Good luck with it, and see you around the Forums

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

Welcome @lrosenblatt8!

4 Likes

Welcome @lrosenblatt8

3 Likes

Welcome @lrosenblatt8! Sounds like you are pretty badass already, be ready to shred by the time you are done with the course.

3 Likes

Hi bass lovers! I’m Mikey, I’m 43 and live in the UK.

I’d been messing about on bass for about 5 years and decided to join Bassbuzz after watching videos posted on YouTube by Josh. The lessons are so cool and easy to follow and Josh is super laid back and fun which makes all the difference when trying to learn.

I chose to play bass as I like reggae and jazz which are often bass heavy, but I’m into all sorts of music really. Some of my favourite bass players are Tina Weymouth, Dee Dee Ramone, Bootsy and Dusty Hill.

I’m so happy to be here and just want to learn more and have fun :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Welcome aboard, @MikeyD . . . :slight_smile:

Glad to have you here with us!

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

Welome @MikeyD

3 Likes

Welcome @MikeyD!

3 Likes

I am gonna try and be original here, and try something completely different, here goes…

Welcome @MikeyD

Or not! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

@MikeyD your in great company, look forward to your posts
Bass Buzz is the dogs
And welcome

3 Likes

hello people! my name is vinnie, I am 17 years old and I live in Brazil.

I started playing electric guitar when I was 15, but even though I love it, I was always impressed by hearing what the bass was doing in my favourite songs. I kept saving money then I finally bought my bass for about six months ago. I am putting a lot of effort in learning bass and it kinda became my main instrument haha. I discovered BassBuzz when I was looking forward to buying a bass, and I might have watched every video.

My bass is a Tagima Tw73 - and I am absolutely in love with it. My favourite bass players are Colin Greenwood, John Deacon and Hugo Noguchi.

I am looking forward to learn a lot from you guys and have great conversations!

12 Likes

Welcome to our forum @notaenthusiast. You will love the B2B course and will get loads of great information and support from the other members.

2 Likes

Hi Vinnie! You might be our youngest member! :blush:
Welcome!

Also, welcome to the tsunami of new members I missed… I may have to set an alert for this thread!

4 Likes

Hi! I’m Kristine and I’ve loved the bass since I heard my first Duran Duran song around 1980. I’m in the middle of module 2 and am having a blast…started a week ago. Thanks for the great lessons, Josh!

9 Likes

Welcome @rae_kristine and @notaenthusiast!

5 Likes

Welcome @rae_kristine. Enjoy your time here.

3 Likes

welcome aboard @rae_kristine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to @rae_kristine and @notaenthusiast also! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Vinnie, welcome aboard. You have picked the right group :slight_smile:
@notaenthusiast

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Courtney! I joined this site a few months back but am finally getting back into the swing of things and figured I should introduce myself. I played guitar as a teenager and was the captain of my high school’s drumline but it has been many moons since I have played music consistently and I really miss it. I started this program a few months ago and stalled out a bit but I’m back and excited to get things going again. I dig all kinds of music but I especially love classic rock and prog rock. I would say my favorite band is Steely Dan. I’ve also always dug King Crimson and am getting back into them again recently (a bit obsessed with Tony Levin at the moment and would love a Chapman Stick to be in my future!). I also like Tal Wilkenfeld a lot.

This seems like a fun forum and I look forward to continuing this journey with all of you! :grinning:

14 Likes