Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @gragil1 ,
Glad you love the course , wait till you get up to the octaves :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Welcome @jtssteger.

You’ll have lots of questions, so please use the search function in the upper right corner and you’ll find answers to most of them.

4 Likes

Good luck @jtssteger you’ll love it! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome @jtssteger and @gragil1

4 Likes

Hello @jtssteger
Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride, Josh’s teaching style will keep you enjoying the modules as you progress through them.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice looking ride you have there - here’s mine
b00596f94d272dbe137da03fda3af4b9

4 Likes

Nice :ok_hand:
Mines my old girl. Just had to sell my nightrod :pensive:

4 Likes

Hi everyone! I bought my first bass 17 years ago as a birthday present (Peavey 5 string) and played a lot but then moved and sort of put it away for many years. With all the Covid stuff about and staying home I dusted off Rocksmith and started playing again. Anyway, I ended up buying an Ibanez electric guitar and an Ibanez SR400 4 string recently and then signed up with Josh for refreshing and advancement. Love it. Happy to meet everyone!

10 Likes

Welcome @Alzbeta ! This is a super friendly, super cool place to be! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome @Alzbeta. I took a long break as well, then got an Ibanez a d then took Josh’s course too. Glad you did too👍🏻

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Alzbeta
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome @Alzbeta!

4 Likes

Welcome James @jtssteger, cheers to you for learning new things at your age. Admirable.

Welcome @Alzbeta, glad you’re back on the bass!

3 Likes

So, I’ve been “learning” bass off and on for lets just say a while, mostly using a game on the playstation (most know which one). It was good and helped, somewhat, but figured like most I read on here, not that I am in my mid-40s it’s time to really get serious. I will say Josh’s free youtube vids are what convinced me, I learned more in those few free lessons than I had in not sure how many years the other way I was trying. Like other’s former USAF, did the world tour, but always loved the bass and are what I hear the most in music I listen to. Looking forward to the adventure and to my goal of being able to play locally.

13 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Sully . . . :slight_smile:

Lots of us also got started with Josh’s videos!

Cheers, Joe

5 Likes

Welcome @Sully and thank you for your service!

3 Likes

Welcome @Alzbeta - Good luck with the course.

Welcome @Sully - Yes, the youtube videos are a great hook. I wouldn’t even have looked for an online bass course. I am convinced the course will prepare you for playing. Good luck.

4 Likes

Ah, so that’s what that acronym was about… You gotta spell stuff like that out more clearly for us Europeans, @Sully :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Sully
Cheers Brian

4 Likes