Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Welcome @furious1 !

5 Likes

Welcome @furious1 ! I always get a ā€˜buzzā€™ when I see people have found B2B via Joshā€™s BassBuzz channel. This is a great community!

6 Likes

Welcome @rustyfingers

6 Likes

Welcome @furious1

6 Likes

Welcome to all the newcomers! :smiley:

6 Likes

Welcome @Fabianus, @maren, @sunDOG, @furious1, and @rustyfingers! Glad to have you :slight_smile:

How about you guys try to join the Live Hang on September 24th? Itā€™s a chill group, just a suggestion.

Cheers,
Antonio

8 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Sammer a fifteen year old from NC. I have played the piano for half my life and have been wanting to self learn a new instrument. Narrowed it down between the bagpipes and bass. Decided on bass :wink:. I am thinking of getting a squier vintage modified jazz bas and a fender rumble 25. Would anyone have recommendations for a bass theory book or something like that?

12 Likes

Welcome @SammertheHammer

6 Likes

Welcome @SammertheHammer

6 Likes

Welcome @SammertheHammer !

6 Likes

Welcome, @SammertheHammer. Glad youā€™re here. The very best, fastest way to learn bass as a newbie is to sign up for the Beginner to Badass course. Take it from someone who self-learned guitar at the age of 14. I wish there had been a course like Josh Fossgreenā€™s for me back then. Believe me, the cost of the course is more than worth the money. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Welcome @SammertheHammer
Have fun!

7 Likes

Great to have you here @SammertheHammer !!!

Smart man!

I started on the same bass but with a Rumble 40.
You may want to try both as the upcharge isnt that much, and 40s can be found used pretty readily.

Yes - donā€™t buy any!
The Beginner to Badass course is where to start and all you need right now.
To get deeper into theory, beyond B2B, I would instead recommend talkingbass.netā€™s classes.
Scales and Chord tones are the likely starting points. (all on sale right now).

6 Likes

Welcome to BassBuzz @SammertheHammer !

I fully agree about doing the Beginner to BadAss course first and then worry about music theory. It is the best program out for learning bass. I canā€™t stress enough how much I wished I had it at your age. It is the best money Iā€™ve ever spent on music.

7 Likes

Welcome to all new dwellers of the subterranean abyss.

7 Likes

Welcome @SammertheHammer !

6 Likes

I know a good deal of music theory from my tenure on the piano but Iā€™m not sure how much it will help

5 Likes

Beginner to Badass is a great primer for bass theory. With your piano theory experience, youā€™ll pick it up quickly. After that, TalkingBass.net is the best online resource for theory. Mark Smith always recommends Chord Tones Essentials for anyone, especially those with any amount of prior music theory knowledge.

5 Likes

It will. The theory is the same, and the fact that you have the piano as a visual reference will help immensely. I found that everything transferred over for me nicely. You will find the relationship of the note intervals between the strings quite interesting.

Definitely just take Beginner to Badass, itā€™s the best money you will spend on bass.

5 Likes

Hello everyone, Johnny from Norway here.
I started playing bass aged 16 but never took lessons. Joined a metal band and learned what I needed along the way until I quit in 2006. I have never learned music theory or other basic principles and when I start again at the age of 47 I want to do it properly. I canā€™t wait to get started with B2B and learn from the course and all of you here in the forum. :slight_smile:

12 Likes