Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Welcome @totyasrac

4 Likes

Hi all, I’m Gig :smiley:, born in Bangkok and now living in Germany. I am going to be 40 this year and so I thought I better start with something I always want to do. So I end up buying a Fender LTD Hybrid II J-Bass MIJ and start bassbuzz 3 weeks ago. I am new to bass but not new to music as I sing and play a little bit guitar. Amazingly, it turn out that playing bass changes the way I listen to music. Instead of always listening to melodies and lyrics, now I listen to every song more carefully and try to concentrate on bass and drum. It’s kind of open a new world for me and I am very much enjoy this new world.
Apart from that I find bass sound somehow warm and soothing. It helps me relax after a long stressed working day :sweat_smile:.
I am looking forward to exchage knowledge and motivating each other to play bass!

16 Likes

Welcome @GiG

6 Likes

Welcome V8Volvo! Glad you’ve vrooomed into our lovely forum here. Hope you enjoy your stay! Josh’s course is well worth it! I hope you can dive into it sooner than later! Take care for now!

8 Likes

Welcome in @totyasrac !!! Glad you’re thumping those 5 strings on the hardcore plan! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

7 Likes

Welcome in @GiG !! I’m glad you found us here. That bass sounds pretty awesome, would love to see pictures! Feel free to drop some pics in the Show Us Your Basses thread. Hope you enjoy your stay here!

6 Likes

Great to have you here @V8Volvo245

7 Likes

Great to have you here @totyasrac

6 Likes

Great to have you here @GiG

5 Likes

Welcome @V8Volvo245 , @totyasrac , @GiG !

7 Likes

Welcome to the group @V8Volvo245 , @totyasrac , and @GiG, glad you joined us.

9 Likes

Welcome @V8Volvo245

7 Likes

Welcome @GiG

7 Likes

Welcome @totyasrac

7 Likes

Welcome, @V8Volvo245. Glad you’re here. Watch Josh’s free videos until you can sign up for B2B. The structured nature of the course will speed up your learning exponentially. Enjoy!

9 Likes

Welcome, @totyasrac. Glad you’re with us. Keep on doing what you’re doing with the lessons. Each lesson is certainly achievable with patience and practice. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Welcome, @gig. Glad you’re here. Your musical journey is familiar to many players’ here. It’s interesting how really hearing the rhythm section (bass and drums) can flesh out how we hear an entire song’s ensemble and construction. It only gets better with practice. Enjoy!

8 Likes

Welcome @V8Volvo245 . you won’t be disappointed, my friend.

8 Likes

Welcome @totyasrac !

7 Likes

Welcome @GiG !

7 Likes