Welcome, @arebe.

6 Likes

WELCOME @arebe

6 Likes

Welcome @arebe !

6 Likes

Glad to see more smiling faces!

8 Likes

Hi all. I picked up the bass a few years ago in my mid thirties. Tried a bit, took a few lessons and ā€œlifeā€ was my then excuse for putting it aside. Picked it up towards the end of lockdown (Iā€™m in Canada, it was longā€¦) and tried the beginner book method again. I plateaued and was looking for a way to get from noodling a few easy tunes to actual playing. Joshā€™s YT content got me pumped and I jumped in here. Working through the whole thing, even the easy-for-me early lessons (you never know when an interesting tip can help!). Enjoying the journey and looking forward to finally progressing here :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Welcome @pilmat !

7 Likes

Great to have you here @pilmat!
Enjoy the course, its great.

7 Likes

Welcome to @pilmat and @arebe, and anyone I missed, good to have you! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome, @pilmat. Glad youā€™re here. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Welcome @pilmat

7 Likes

Welcome @pilmat !

7 Likes

Welcome, @pilmat! Yes, there are nuggets of useful info scattered through even the easiest of the modules.

8 Likes

Welcome @pilmat

7 Likes

Well the good news is you probably had plenty of practice time. Regardless, weā€™re glad youā€™re here! I wish I had thought of practicing during lockdown myself.

8 Likes

Welcome @pilmat
Have fun!

8 Likes

Hello Bassbuzzers!
My name is Heather. I just joined this forum today. I started playing guitar about 5 years ago. I liked playing it, but I loved the way the bass sounded better. I made the mistake of buying a cheap Chinese Fender knockoff p-bass, which did not inspire me to want to play with itā€™s sharp frets and all. Then it didnā€™t seem right to spend twice as much on a course as I did for the bass, so I hesitated on getting the Beginner to Badass course. Fast forward a few years and my son got a guitar from a friend and needed an amp. We went to the music store and I saw a bass I absolutely fell in love with. I wanted to get it, but my husband pointed out, donā€™t you already have a bass you never play? I said yes, because I donā€™t know how. So we made a deal if I got through the B2B course and became a badass bassist then I deserved a badass bass. I went through the last 4 modules of the course really fast, beyond hardcore speed (sorry Josh-- I know you said not to!) but I ā€œcompletedā€ it yesterday after 3 weeks and unboxed my new bass! Iā€™m so happy to be here and I love my new jazz bass. It looks, feels, and sounds great to me. Next I want to work on the 50 songs and try to post some videos.

21 Likes

Welcome @Heather_H

7 Likes

Welcome, @Heather_H. Glad youā€™re here. Congrats on your graduation bass. Play it in good health. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Welcome @Heather_H

7 Likes

Welcome @Heather_H
Have fun!
Congraduations
(I also love Jazz basses. I have two. One fretted and a fretless I bought as a B2B graduation present to myself.)

8 Likes