Welcome @Nebel

8 Likes

Great to have you here @Nebel

8 Likes

Welcome to the fray @Nebel Hope you enjoy your stay here :smiley:

8 Likes

Welcome @Nebel !

8 Likes

Welcome @Nebel as you’ve read in other comments B2B is a great way to get the fundamental basics AND a supportive community within the forum.
IMO definitely worth the cost. I have tried other beginner courses and this is the best starting point to help build confidence (other than the Billie Jean segment iykyk) and knowledge to get going. Lack of direction by not having a guideline to follow makes it much harder to notice if/where improving.

If you have the money jump in - if money is tight use the YouTube video guide here in the forums to get started. Note the video guide is no replacement for the course though

11 Likes

I tried Scott’s bass lessons, since it gave away a month to try but found after the beginner intro you were kinda left to your own devices without a guideline on where to go. Also, I did not really “connect” to the people doing the instruction videos. I think I will pay the subscription here and take a look. Thank you all for the advice and friendly welcome. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I did the same thing. I didn’t like SBL at all.

Good decision to sign up for B2B. You will find that Josh’s lesson presentation is not as wacky as his YouTube videos, which is great for actually learning the material. Also, he presents three speeds of workouts for each lesson: slow, medium, and fast (which is really not very fast once you’ve gone through the slower workouts). He plays along with you, demonstrates fingerings, and overall hangs with you every step of the way. B2B really is unique: the best bass beginner course on the planet. Have fun and let us know how you’re doing.

9 Likes

Welcome @Nebel
Have fun!

7 Likes

Hi, everyone (: I’m Courtney and I’m 30 years old. Just started playing bass back in March when my grandfather gave me one of his basses when I expressed some interest in giving it a go. I’ve always loved singing and would sing with his band sometimes, but never really tried to learn how to play anything and he was excited to help me learn. He unfortunately passed away in May, and I’ve had a really hard time coping with the loss of him. He raised me, so really it feels like I’ve lost my dad. I decided to go ahead and give B2B a shot because even though he isn’t here, playing bass makes me feel close to him and I want to make him proud. I’m excited to be here and to learn everything I can!

22 Likes

Welcome Courtney, that sounds like a fantastic way to keep his memory alive! Sorry for your loss :crying_cat_face:

8 Likes

Welcome to all of our newest family members! (once again, I disappeared)

9 Likes

Welcome @LilGrimmy

8 Likes

Great to have you here @LilGrimmy
So sorry for your loss.

You will find a huge community of people wanting to help here and the lessons are fabulous on their own. Enjoy the bass and honoring your grandpa. I started for a similar reason (my cousin).

10 Likes

Welcome @LilGrimmy
Have fun!

10 Likes

Thank you, everyone! It’s actually so nice to see so many friendly and welcoming people here. :heart_eyes: I’m looking forward to being a part of the community.

12 Likes

Welcome, @LilGrimmy. Really glad you’re here. Just follow Josh’s lead and you’ll be making your granddad smile. Love is real.

9 Likes

Make sure you stop in for some of our Zoom get togethers once a month. @John_E has a thread in the Lounge with the dates and the link.

7 Likes

Welcome @LilGrimmy !

7 Likes

Belated welcome, @Poetik1! That’s a great backstory. Enjoy the Buzz!

8 Likes

Welcome to all new BBuzzers:

@ricwestga Beautiful bass. Keeper spouse. You’re off to a great start.

@tommydogg Welcome to the best bass course in the world to take advantage of those basses. Have a blast.

@coreyr What a great interest to share with your daughter. You’re going to enjoy the course.

@nebel I noodled at guitar for 40 years and never learned more than a couple of dozen chords. Starting around 2021, I began noodling on a borrowed bass, and was heading in the same direction. I discovered Josh’s free YouTube videos late last year and was motivated to take his B2B course earlier this year. Best money I’ve ever spent. Have fun.

@lilgrimmy As a certified grandfather (:grinning:), I can assure you that you are doing one of the best possible things you could do to honor his memory. Knock it out of the park!

10 Likes