Introduce Yourself! (2023)

welcome @Johnnyb

6 Likes

Welcome, @Johnnyb. Glad youā€™re here. Enjoy the lessons!

6 Likes

Welcome @Johnnyb
Have fun!

7 Likes

Great to have you here @Johnnyb

6 Likes

Welcome @Johnnyb !

6 Likes

Welcome @Johnnyb ! Really glad you are here!

6 Likes

Welcome @Johnnyb

6 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Rick, I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and just started playing bass a couple of months ago (Iā€™ve played guitar off and on for 20+ years but really wanted to properly learn bass). Really excited to see this forum is active and full of good content!

13 Likes

Welcome @rmpandorf

5 Likes

Welcome, Rick. Glad youā€™re here. With B2B, you have come to the exact right place to learn proper bass technique and theory. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Great to have you here @rmpandorf

5 Likes

Welcome @rmpandorf
Have fun!

6 Likes

Welcome! As others have said, sign up to B2B if you havenā€™t already. Josh covers some theory in ways that lay foundations for us to build upon, but the theory you already know will still apply. Iā€™ve found with many bass focused theory lessons Iā€™ve watched here and there, a piano/keyboard is often used to illustrate concepts, so you will already have that familiarity :slight_smile:

6 Likes

welcome @Johnnyb and @rmpandorf ! This is a great community and youā€™ll probably spend more time reading and posting on the forum than playing bass (or maybe that was just me)!

7 Likes

Welcome @rmpandorf !

5 Likes

Welcome @rmpandorf

5 Likes

Welcome @rmpandorf !

5 Likes

welcome to the band !

6 Likes

Hi All,
Iā€™ve been around for a few months now but didnā€™t notice this thread.
47 years old, father of 4 boys.
My 2nd son brought music home through piano. He was quite talented but iphones have ruined his passion and replaced piano by some useless time on screen. He is still a decent player.
My 1st son then brought a guitar home at the age of 15 (I wonder why ;-). ). He had to stop guitar for studies for a couple of years but weā€™re hoping that he will continue
Then my 3rd son (12 yo) started playing drums +/- 3 years agoā€¦
As you would undertsand I had no other choice but to pick a bass

We have a weekly band music lesson with me and my drummer as regulars and the 2 others (guitar and piano) from time to time as they donā€™t leave with us this year

I have been played root / quarter for a few years and discovered B2B before summer. Iā€™m now a BadAss which gives me far more options in our favorite songs , itā€™s pretty cool (the course is awsome btw)

Glad to be part of the forum

13 Likes

Great to have you here @GGWAW

6 Likes