Introduce Yourself! (2024)

Thanks! Yes, life does have a tendency to cancel or rearrange one’s carefully laid plans. Glad you were able to jump back in. Speaking of which, it’s only 9:30. I may jump in myself. See if I can knock out a lesson.

5 Likes

Welcome @777marc
Have fun!

5 Likes

Welcome @techmike919
Have fun!

5 Likes

Welcome @Saulo
Have fun!

4 Likes

Welcome @techmike919 , @Saulo , @777marc !

6 Likes

hey new Buzzers, please see link below for an informal online hang we do monthly.
We talk bass, non-bass, whatever.
We are very good at talking people into purchases (in case you need that, lol).
Come on by and meet some of the folks here from around the globe.

5 Likes

Welcome @AdamDickson !

3 Likes

@777marc, @techmike919, @Saulo welcome aboard!

@Saulo sweet Hellhammer shirt! :metal:t2:

5 Likes

VGGriff here, 59 years old, been talking about learning the bass for years. Currently going through a life changing event so I decided to take myself up on this. Looking forward to learning to play and having fun as i progress!

16 Likes

Welcome @vggriff1709
Have fun!

7 Likes

Welcome, @vggriff1709. Glad you’re here. Enjoy the lessons!

4 Likes

Welcome @vggriff1709 !

5 Likes

Welcome @vggriff1709 !

5 Likes

I’ve missed a whole big bunch of new people coming in. Welcome to all the new members!

5 Likes

@vggriff1709 Welcome. Glad your here.

5 Likes

Welcome @vggriff1709 !

6 Likes

Welcome @vggriff1709 and life sue knows how to change it up

Stay Strong
Cheers

5 Likes

Great to have you here @vggriff1709

4 Likes

Hello! I’m older (51), live near Pittsburgh, and have always loved bass, but never pursued playing in any serious, structured way. After being inspired by my sons’ self-taught guitar playing over the holidays - realized that learning to play bass could fill a void for this empty nester.

After watching some bass-centric youtube videos, recognized that Josh is great! He seems to break things down in ways that even I can understand. Plus, he seems to have a lot of similar tastes in music/bassists as I do.

Was lucky enough to find a great deal on a used 2022 Jazz bass, and started Module 1 today! I feel kind of poser-y having such an awesome instrument, with less than zero chops… but pumped to get some callouses started!

12 Likes

You may live near Pittsburgh, but you are not older!

Great to have you here @LesLee_Clifflea !!

4 Likes