Introduce Yourself! (2024)

Welcome aboard!

5 Likes

Welcome @alesplin! You know, you should just get the e-drum kit, too :wink:

6 Likes

I mean, at some point I’m gonna probably get some drums of some sort. The Logic Pro drummers aren’t terrible, and I have used the midi controller to do a couple of simple drum parts/fills for songs I’ve learned, but I think learning to play proper drums is in my future…

5 Likes

My brother started, he used to be a guitar player and now he is totally immersed in drums. It’s a cool instrument.

If only we had a jamulus server here :thinking:

5 Likes

My brother played drums (don’t know if he still does, but he’s in his neurosurgery residency so I doubt it), but I always sort of felt I wouldn’t be coordinated enough. Now that I’m older I take more of a “I got time, patience, and perspective. I can learn enough.” view.

5 Likes

It’s all about having a good teacher and method, just like B2B here. :slight_smile: My brother showed me a few ideas that translate to bass as well, like the “say everything you do out loud, then do it in sequence.” I thought I’d never be able to drum anything - but I could learn it.

Anyway, welcome and have fun playing bass and exploring the forum. :hugs:

5 Likes

I think also 25 more years of experience listening to music will be helpful. Just as I’ve learned to isolate and hear guitar and bass tracks in music, I can hear and isolate which drums (or parts of the kit) are playing which beats. So if I just lock on to that (and slow it waaaaayyyy down) I think can learn at least enough for my purposes.

6 Likes

Hi Josh
I am Patrick, an Englishman living in Bekescsaba in Hungary (long story) and I have been working in a school for a few months and they need a bass player for the school band! So I have until September to get the basics down. Looking forward to getting going.

15 Likes

Welcome @patrickgsant

5 Likes

Welcome @patrickgsant !

5 Likes

Hi,
I’m Mario and currently live in Virginia. I’ve played guitar along with some bass for many years. Most of what I learned was through trial and error. For a variety of reasons I’ve decided to concentrate on bass these days. I decided to do the B2B course to get the fundamentals down & hopefully correct a lot of bad habits I picked up over the years. I look forward to joining the group. From what I’ve read so far it seems to be a friendly place.
Regards

17 Likes

Welcome @MarioB

7 Likes

Thanks for the welcome.

7 Likes

Welcome @MarioB , we look forward to you being here with us!

7 Likes

I appreciate it.

5 Likes

What part of VA?

4 Likes

Hi Bob, I’m in Northern Virginia, specifically Arlington.

5 Likes

Welcome, @patrickgsant. Glad you’re here. Enjoy the lessons!

4 Likes

Hey neighbor. I am just south of you in Alexandria. We have a couple other DMV area folks in the forums as well.

6 Likes

Welcome, @MarioB. Glad you’re here. Besides beginners, there are lots of us who have played before. Enjoy!

5 Likes