6 Likes

Go Blue.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Welcome @PapaBear !

5 Likes

Welcome good sir!

5 Likes

Welcome @Wes, don’t worry, life sort of has a way of getting in the way. I bought the course last year around August/September but due to some personal problems at home, I kinda didn’t touch the bass for more than 3 months. But I’m back at it and very happy.

6 Likes

Heyo!

I’m Marc and I’m sure glad I found this place. I’ve had a bass sitting in my living room for nearly 15 years now and I finally got around to some lessons. Being 54 years old gives me a bit more time for some new hobbies. While I’ve always had an ear for hearing baselines in any song, I’m a complete newb to music so I’ve tons to learn. I’ve made it halfway through the 2nd module in just a couple of days and I’m hooked.

12 Likes

Hello B2B peoples,
Looks like I am similar to a lot of other people here. I played bass a little bit in my younger years (about 30 years ago). I never got training, just borrowed a friends bass and played by ear. I enjoy the sound of a bass guitar. I was always planning on buying a bass again and actually take some lessons, but life kept happening. Now at 52, I finally have the time to dedicate to learning bass guitar. BOC and Metallica were my 2 early influences of heavy metal. I watched Cliff Burton play once and said to myself I want to play like that.

I purchased a Schecter Diamond series Stealth 4 from a local music shop. And a pretty loud Peavey amp. I trusted their judgement and that’s what they suggested. Nice thing is I can trade up down the road if I decide to get something different. Besides, I would rather buy from a local business anyways, even if I pay more, than say Amazon. But it looks like I actually saved money getting it from them. It seems like a decent bass to me, but I think it needs a serious workup, or my fingers are just super weak.

We used to live in Florida, but we got tired of the heat and traffic. We moved to rural south central Kentucky a few years ago and we love it here. Bought an old 10 acre tobacco farm. We haven’t decided what to do with it yet, but we will farm something.

I have gotten through Module 1, and I love this program and Josh’s teaching style. Finger placement has been difficult on some songs. I don’t think my fingers are too weak, I work outside with my hands a lot, so I would think that shouldn’t be a problem. Maybe my fingers are too stiff, need finger yoga lol.

12 Likes

Welcome!

4 Likes

Hello all! I am very happy and proud to be part of this group! My name is Saulo and I’m from Brazil. I’ve started this fantastic bass course a couple of weeks ago doing the hardcore at ‘least one hour a day’ classes. It is absolutely wonderful and I’m enjoying every second of it. Josh is just the greatest teacher possible, thank you! When I was 17-18 yo, I played in a heavy metal band (see below how I looked like a rock star in this picture taken in 1985).

I’m now 56 and after 38 years without putting my hands on a bass, I am here starting it all over again with a lot of joy, pleasure and enthusiasm!
I decided to “follow the leader” @JoshFossgreen and was fortunate enough to find and buy a Peavey Cirrus 4 string USA from 2001. I will post a picture of my bass in the appropriate topic. Oh well, can you imagine how happy and proud I am?
@JoshFossgreen please, I need your help in letting me know the exact model and details of the hipshot tuners you are using in your Cirrus. Thanks and hope to see you all around here!

13 Likes

Welcome, @777marc. Glad you’re here. Enjoy the lessons!

4 Likes

Welcome, @techmike919. Glad you’re here. Nice name.:wink: Enjoy your bass journey!

4 Likes

@777marc, That’s funny. That’s about how long my bass was sitting around too. I just started the 3rd module and I’m enjoying it as well. I’m also fairly new and out of practice. It is super relaxing and I’ve found myself pretty much playing a bit every day. Mostly lessons on my off days and then a few minutes of messing around on work days. Good luck with the rest of the lessons.

7 Likes

Welcome, @Saulo. Glad you’re here. Congrats on your Cirrus. Josh makes it look like they play themselves. :smile: Enjoy!

5 Likes

Welcome @777marc and @techmike919 and @Saulo !

6 Likes

Thanks! Yes, life does have a tendency to cancel or rearrange one’s carefully laid plans. Glad you were able to jump back in. Speaking of which, it’s only 9:30. I may jump in myself. See if I can knock out a lesson.

5 Likes

Welcome @777marc
Have fun!

5 Likes

Welcome @techmike919
Have fun!

5 Likes

Welcome @Saulo
Have fun!

4 Likes