Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @Gary_S

4 Likes

Hello Josh and everyone on the forum. I thought it might be good to join the forum because of what I have seen in the you tube videos Josh has put out which I think are very good, concise with no in depth theory approach. I like that. I am going on 72 and have played around with many string and wind instrument and have approached the bass before but gave up after not really knowing how to get around on it. I have purchased numerous vidoes and books to no avail. I lost interest after numerous failures. Tired of buying programs that did not work out or were not as described and believe me I have tried many. I decided to check out Josh and what he has to offer and play around with my basses to try to succeed before I cross over to the other side of life. I do not have 40 yrs to learn and want to enjoy the journey. I figure I will see how it goes and make my decisions in the next couple of months after checking out what Josh has posted as far as free lessons. Maybe he will have a special sale on occasion like a lot of the guys out there on his Beginner to Badass Bass course. I will have to start saving up my finances since this lock down has put a halt on almost everything I wanted to do this summer. I just do not have that natural perfect talent as some may have but I do have a percentage so I just need to figure out how to perfect it. Hopefully being on his email list I will receive any new information he would like to offer. I like his approach / talent and attitude. I appreciate him trying to help all of out there trying to learn the bass. It is in my opinion the heart beat of music. Thanks for everything.

10 Likes

Hey Brad,
Welcome aboard.
Lots of great people on here so feel free to hit em all up if you have any questions.
God bless

6 Likes

Welcome @Franko_NM, you will definitely get your money’s worth from the B2B course.

5 Likes

Welcome @Franko_NM!

:+1:
Agreed.

6 Likes

Welcome @Franko_NM.
There is a specific forum topic you will want to check out to make up your mind :slightly_smiling_face:
BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide

2 Likes

Welcome @Franko_NM

The B2B course takes you through so much from the minute you pick up the bass to getting you ready to jam with other musicians in simple, enjoyable steps. There’s no deadlines or disapproving teachers to dampen your enthusiasm either. Well worth every cent imho :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you @juli0r. I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the info.

3 Likes

Thank you Pam for the information and glad to see you feel good about this course.

4 Likes

Thank you mac. Glad it is simple no beating around the bush type info. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

5 Likes

Welcome @akos. Looks like a nice set up you have there my friend. Enjoy.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Franko_NM!

2 Likes

Welcome @akos, glad your bass was born healthy and you already have a name for it. :slight_smile:

Welcome @Gaius, Mark King is awesome! 43 is my fav Mark King line for sure, I think I played a bit of it in a YT vid somewhere… lemme look…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfdG9gsAGlI
There it is! At the 23:13 mark.

Welcome @Ordcorpdw, glad you dig the videos!

Welcome @Gary_S! I think you get to be considered a bass player once you hit a few root notes on beat 1, not too far off. :slight_smile:

Welcome @Franko_NM! FYI, we don’t usually run sales, but it’s there for you when you’re ready, and lots more Youtube videos coming in the meantime.

6 Likes

Hi I’m Paul from St Louis 64 years old and new to the bass by about 4 months. Been playing drums for a while and because my wife is working from home not to much “stick” time for me here…soooo looked around and because I believe the bass guitar is a bridge from drums to guitar thought I’d give it a go. Glad I did so far just loving it, I have vox’s bass headphone amp and usually I practice for about 45 min before work and again after work and my wife doesn’t hear a thing ( at this point she’s not missing much). Although I know I’m new to the bass it has come to me fairly easy and I think I’m advancing day by day. I want to learn all I can and will probably take Josh’s beginner course in the near future. I own a cheap P bass and a Jazz bass (both Glarry) I think they are terrific and have learned how to do a simple set up on both (neck relief and string action). One more thing I gotta say I think Josh is awesome he vids are both informative and humorous which makes learning from him a very enjoyable experience.

10 Likes

Welcome @phoevel

3 Likes

Hello everyone. My name is James and I just joined BassBuzz to learn how to play the bass guitar. I am glad to be taking the class and I have finished the first module already and will have the second done tomorrow.

9 Likes

Welcome @gpromod

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @phoevel
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @gpromod
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome @phoevel . I recently watched a review of the Glarry P bass on YT and was really impressed with it. From the looks to the sound it was very good to say the very least especially for the price.

Welcome @gpromod. Enjoy the course. It’s magic :wink:

3 Likes