Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome, @Portland_Paul. Glad you’re here. Man, those years of reading cello sheet music are going to come in handy with your lessons! Good on you! Congrats on the great Father’s Day haul. Enjoy!

9 Likes

I’m from the Louisville, KY area orignally and just moved to Portland, OR in 2016 so bourbon is in my blood-figuratively all the time and literally after work :wink:
Loving the Kenobi series too!

10 Likes

Hoping I can dig deep into the brain archives for my old cello lessons…but don’t remember much so I hope the familiarity is going to help.

8 Likes

I worked many years in Louisville. Lived just across the river in “Nawlbany”

9 Likes

LMAO Bob!!! The fact that you spelled New Albany the way it’s pronounced locally is gold! I’m a graduate of Nawlbany High!

10 Likes

It was nice to have a nice rancher on 3+ acres and be able to commute 10-15 minutes to downtown Looavul. Lost all that after moving to Wash DC area.

10 Likes

Welcome aboard @Portland_Paul ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

I can’t say I’m a huge fan of the red pattern against orange. I’m a cream sickle fan and this orange/white thing just grabbed me. Everyone’s got their own tastes though :wink: Sweet bass.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Portland_Paul !

8 Likes

First off, welcome to the family @Portland_Paul
And @John_E did you see that Flea played a bad guy in Kenobi?

10 Likes

I dig that color scheme a lot. Very damn cool!

5 Likes

Welcome @Portland_Paul
Enjoy your Journey

6 Likes

Best Star Wars since Clone Wars.

Welcome, @Portland_Paul!

6 Likes

I laughed so hard when i saw that. And he was great!

5 Likes

Welcome @Portland_Paul ! Glad you are joining us!

5 Likes

LOL he’s always been pretty good at playing bad guys on screen (Needles on Back to the Future 2)

6 Likes

…a nihilist in Big Lebowski…

8 Likes

Hello Josh and fellow buzzers.
I am a 60 year old newbie on bass. I have always dreamed of being able to play guitar.
I have managed to learn strumming a few basic chords, but no more.
I actually came around a few years back to enter the Blues guitar unleashed course by Griff Hamlin (another excellent teacher an course btw), but soon afterwards I had a injury in my left hand and cut the flexor strings in three fingers :frowning: with extensive surgery needed.
The long, ring, and the pinkyfinger are no longer so agile as they used to be…

First I felt very bad about it, no more guitar playing was possible, but then I started contemplating bass guitar…
Less fretting and a little less movement, I guessed…

So, I bought myself an electroacoustic bass recently, and then I found Bassbuzz and was excited! You make bass playing look fairly easy and so fun and inspiring!
I figure, after trying the first easy steps, that I will be able to play at least some simpler bass lines despite my crooked and useless pinky. I am excited about that!
So now I am learning to listen for the bass line in every tune I hear…:smile:
I sing in a choir and can read notes, so I have some music ability inside me, I think.
Keep up the awesome work!
See you soon in the badass player course!
/Karl

15 Likes

Welcome @Kallegubben

8 Likes

Thanks! :grinning:

6 Likes