Introduce youself

Hi Guys, My name is Jay and i live down under. I first started to learn the Bass a number of years ago but life got inthe way.
I started on a cheap Ashton Bass and Amp but struggled, I upgraded to a Washburn taurus T14 Bass and started to make some in roads but like I said life be a fickle thing, anyhow about 10 years later the bug bit again!
Well for my 50th I got a Fender Squire Clasic Vibe 60’s P Bass and a Fender Rumble 100 Amp, Still have the Taurus and just signed up for the Badass lessons, one day so far and i’m ejoying it and getting somwhere, cannot wait for whats to come! Fidy Bassest!

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @jaygab71 ,
Enjoy the ride, where are you located, there are a few of us from down under on the forum,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome from Melbourne @jaygab71

4 Likes

Hey @jaygab71 welcome! As mentioned a few of us are from Oz. I’m in Sydney and probably will be for a while longer! Won’t be going anywhere soon :joy:

4 Likes

@JoshFossgreen - perhaps move this to the larger Introduce Yourself thread so two do not start unintentionally?

4 Likes

Hi Badasses! I’m Iggi from England … now living in Long Beach, California.
I’m lucky enough to have connections at the Long Beach Playhouse, where I sometimes play violin. I bought myself a bass about 3 months ago, & now the playhouse is asking me to play it in Sister Act… the musical!!! … in 2 months!!!
So Josh, “praise the Lord” for your fabulous course! Nuns … here I come! Lol!!!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @iggielk ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome @iggielk

3 Likes

Thank you @Mac!!!

3 Likes

Thank you @TNKA36!!!

2 Likes

Glad you are here @iggielk

4 Likes

@John_E Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Welcome @jaygab71 and @iggielk !

Thanks @John_E - indeed these posts should all be in this topic - Introduce Yourself!

I’m getting a weird bug trying to move these posts over today, so I’m just closing up this thread for now, will move when it gets fixed.

6 Likes