Irritating sound!

The car commercial with the inconsiderate person not opening a door, walking on mail, etc………that IRRITATING plunger trumpet sound!!! I know it is supposed to be a whimsical, funny sound to emphasize the “goofiness” in the commercial, BUT………dang!!! Please stop!!!

1 Like

Funny thing is, I remember the commercial and what a jerk that guy is, but can’t place the trumpet sound. I can’t even tell you what brand of car the ad is for.

1 Like

YouTube video link please @Johnny_Mac

1 Like

Here ya go @Barney

1 Like

not a fan of a muted trumpet, eh? It’s not a “goofy” sound - it’s just a trumpet played with a mute. I didn’t look it up, but I would almost guarantee that’s just the sound of the original song… I didn’t even notice it the first time I watched that linked video - I was listening for something that jumped out at me as a sound effect. I had to play it again because I thought I missed it…

2 Likes

Ella Fitzgerald originally recorded that song (I think), but I don’t recognize this muted trumpet version.

2 Likes

Good ear, I would not have been able to place that.

1 Like

On second listen, I think this is the Ella Fitzgerald version. I haven’t heard it in a long time and don’t recall that muted trumpet.
I don’t pay much attention to TV commercials, so didn’t even notice the song.

I think it’s this one:

1 Like

That irritating trumpet sound was the sound of jazz and big band in the 40s and 50s. The song is from a musical and I think it’s a great fit for the commercial. If you don’t like it, don’t watch/listen to it… I’d never seen it so thanks for giving me the opportunity to enjoy it :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m sorry to offend anyone….I just thought the muted trumpet was irritating to me. Sorry.

2 Likes

No worries, I don’t think anyone was offended :smiley_cat:

1 Like

biting… tongue… hard :rofl:

1 Like

Here’s some Miles Davis to calm you down :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice!

I actually played trumpet for years, so I do appreciate it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure you didn’t - just chiming in…

2 Likes

Don’t apologize for having an opinion on what you like/dislike; if we all thought the same things it would be a boring place. :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

We had a “hurt feelings report” at work as a joke for when people whined about stuff :joy: