Is it just me, or

Has there been no banana speculation thus far in ’ 22?

I mean, “Do you see banana man - Hopping over on the white hot sand?”

1 Like

…I had to look this up lol. Welcome!

Inb4 someone harasses admonishes kindly suggests you post in the intro thread and links it.

Honestly I don’t care if you do or don’t. In-fact, don’t :eyes: FIGHT THE MAN! you owe us nothing XD

Lol, sorry, it’s just funny to me. This is basically the only forum I’ve been on where every new person is kinda jumped on immediately encouraged to post in the introduction thread, and it’s very often the first response.

I guess people that aren’t me have lives on Friday and Saturday nights :rofl:

4 Likes

I have lives on those two nights - and I live them…at home. :joy: :rofl:

Confession: I never posted in the intro thread. I started in the Show Us Your Basses thread and never looked back (at the intro thread).

5 Likes

I’ve never posted in the intro thread, I just post about theory and generally amuse myself :wink:

4 Likes

There’s always money in the banana stand.

(oh, and Welcome!)

2 Likes

This makes me feel good about being in the same place.

3 Likes

You’re a rebel Dottie

3 Likes

I think this is cause we are a very small, tight knit community here and we all want to know about all these new strangers here, and see if they have anything we can buy from them…

4 Likes

You win the week for excellent references

3 Likes

3 Likes

It took me like six months to post in the intro thread.

I’ve always been kind of puzzled at steering folks to an intro thread as well, but whatever :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been around for five months, so I still have time? (not sure what I would say that I haven’t already said on another thread :thinking:)

3 Likes

Why so puzzled?
Show up, introduce. It’s kinda a thing in most situations.
Most forums tell you to introduce yourself in the welcome email to the forum.

2 Likes

Mostly, why not just say hi wherever new people turn up? This forum seems unusual to me in that most online forums don’t have an intro/bio topic.

2 Likes

I must admit i love bananas. And I’m also guilty of asking if i can suggest folks introduce themselves in the introduce yourself thread.

Guess i kinda fell into being pro establishment on that one… I always thought i was an individual. I’m grateful this happened.

It really doesn’t matter where people post first, I’m still happy to say welcome @robert.fuller.rf77 ! Glad to get to meet you. Hope you enjoy your bass journey!

2 Likes

I’m actually pro-intro thread. Every time the intro thread pops up, it’s like a bell ringing - “hey, we got another one!”

And yes, we are all definitely individuals, but we are also individuals who have chosen to be a community. As humans, we need both of those things; they are not mutually exclusive. The older I get, the bigger this truth becomes. :blush:

5 Likes

…and the harder it becomes, unless you shuffle on down to Del Boca Vista Development #4 in Boca and join the shuffleboard and bridge teams

5 Likes
3 Likes

thank you, couldn’t remember the darn name, edited.

3 Likes

It is good when the new folks meet the community. I dont know that i would have done as well starting to learn to play without the community. A great deal of support and information happen here.

2 Likes