Is your bass a "She", a "He", some "It", or?

She’s Robin :smiley:

1 Like

I almost called my Schecter C-5 GT “Hot Rod” when putting the new strap I got on it. It’s the racing stripe… And tbh the pickups (active EMG40 P5 and DC) are hot af compared to the EMG HZs in my Stiletto :joy:

The Stiletto is smooth, velvety almost.

The C-5 GT is clanky and abrasively in your face if you want it to be. It’s like a big, loud muscle car and even looks like it :joy:

Edit Can’t sleep, yay. Maybe I’ll call it Goat! Like the old GTOs XD

1 Like

All my basses are “it”, except when I talk to my wife about them, since my wife refers to my basses as my mistresses! In that context they are named Peaches (Peavey Millenium BXP), Sinnamon (maroon Jackson), Fred (ESP LTD), Rogue (X-Men name for my Rogue), Janice (ESP LTD) and Lafawnduh (ESP LTD five string).

3 Likes

It, I guess, although I never really say “it.”

My husband has proposed that he is “Mr Jaguar” and I am “Mrs Jaguar,” though, now that his Kurt Cobain Jaguar guitar has arrived, and I just got a used Squier Jaguar bass. I can roll with that.

4 Likes

This is a good plan!

5 Likes

My bass was a she, but then got a set of initials a while back:

This then became ‘Freebie The Fender’. This has stuck.

5 Likes

Beats Freddy Fender

3 Likes

My guitars don’t have names other than: The Gretsch/Fender/Phoenix (homebuild).

I name my bikes, but they are genderless (Sea Serpent; Blue Dragon; Green Machine; Fatty)

2 Likes

Nice! :bird: :fire: (<<<that’s supposed to be a Phoenix :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

5 Likes

It is my bass… but it is also my friend :grinning:

1 Like

This is my bass, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

4 Likes

I’ve built 54 instruments… so far they’ve all been shes.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

All of mine are its except the $100 project bass I bought from my local shop…It’s a black Ibanez Gio P-Bass and I’m replacing the strings, tuner pegs, bridge and the neck plate, and they’re all black…but because of the neck plate, the bass will be a “she” as you’ll all find out soon enough when the plate comes in on Feb. 4.

1 Like

He, his name is Gil.

1 Like

Chances are high I will eventually get a Daniel Firth Hellraiser 5 and it might get a name, though I don’t know what. “Danny” seems too easy; plus I don’t even listen to Cradle of Filth. Though Daniel Firth did answer some questions for me on YouTube. Seems a nice enough guy.

I’m hesitant to name it anything Lovecraftian due to how I feel about H. P. Lovecraft as a person, but regardless of that, Cosmic Horror is a thing that is fun and it could open up some fun things in a name since the color of the bass is called Cthulhu Burst.

King (as in The King In Yellow)
The Nameless Bass (trololol… :joy: a play on The Nameless City and me not naming instruments)
Hastur (The King In Yellow, or He Who is Not to be Named - more trololol…)

More likely than not it’ll just be “my green bass”

I heard they wanna do a collab with Ed Sheeran :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My issue with Cradle of Filth has to do with the shrieking gremlin on the mic not caring for the style of their singer Dani Filth.

Hehe. Not a huge fan of black metal either. Altho I don’t mind the shrieking gremlin voice on the latest Lorna Shore EP (which isn’t black metal).

I get the response to Lovecraft as a person. I have the same reaction to some artists.

That being said, if I were to name a bass for Lovecraft I might call it Herbert.

Although Freddy Fender actually made money by playing his instrument.