James Eager

I think James Eager/BassLab should be added to the list of courses to take beyond B2B. As you guys know, I was on SBL taking lessons but honestly, tired of them after a couple of months and because of that, my practice was very haphazard. At one time, I was down to practicing maybe once or twice a week. Nothing against Scott at all. He has a great teaching course. I just wanted something different. I don’t think I am ready for Mark Smith courses yet. Ari Cap has courses you can access with her books of which I have both but her book related video’s are too dry and clinical. Luke is okay and I will probably at some point take courses with him. But I watched James Eager and I liked his style. He is not heavily reliant on tab, although he does provide workbooks for each of his modules that have the tab in them. He is really a personable teacher, keeps his eyebrows trimmed on most lessons (inside joke), and is a monster player. His early emphasis is on groove and groove patterns. He shows the bass “boxes” and helps you groove through various versions working within the same box. So far, so good. I am progressing as fast from this point as I did as an absolute “noob” with B2B. Give him a look after B2B. You just might like his teaching style.

7 Likes

I believe it’s already mentioned in the thread about “beyond” Bassbuzz

3 Likes

Well, damn. I saw someone mention him in passing on several posts. I didn’t find the one that talks about his courses in detail. Sorry.

2 Likes

You are probably right there.
You might want to add this post to that discussion though as we always send new folks there when they ask about more courses.

1 Like

Don’t know how to move it…

1 Like

You dont need to do that. If you could drop a link there that points back here.

2 Likes

Okay!

1 Like

Probably me, I am a fan of him, I like Josh obviously and am eating up B2B and recommend this as a starting point but James has some great content.

1 Like

I think you’re absolutely right. James is also a great inspiration if you wanna ‘spice things up’ a bit after a while. I myself tend to switch between James, Josh, Scott and Luke a lot, with once in a while Mark in the mix. Followed courses bought books from all of them and they all helped me develop my playing to the level I’m comfortable and still happy with.

2 Likes