Jamming with others outdoor

I hope you were kidding about everyone and every critter… remember when camping that others might not want to listen to you. I have been camping when some idiot with a banjo decided to entertain the area well after dark. Imagine if you will someone playing a left handed 5 string, right handed, and wailing off key like a lovesick Yoko on crack. That was bad enough but then a few people with off-road vehicles uncorked their exhausts to “accompany” him. Finally someone decided to play the firearm, which ended the jam session with a bang. After that you could have heard a portable keyboard that wasn’t turned on a 1/4 of a mile away. People often forget how far sound can carry so when camping and or hiking, keep the volume down as more than likely are others within earshot and they might just be enjoying the sound of silence.

Sounds like a wild party :sweat_smile:

Imagine Yoko screaming during a campfire

Never have I felt more sorry for the sound equipment. I once saw a dog get hit by a car…he carried a tune better as he went howling off.

I actually think Yoko’s performance is amazing. The label on the video is misleading at best — she isn’t screaming, although she is pushing beyond the boundaries of what we think of as singing or music. But is it so different from throat singing or some of the vocalists in some kinds of metal? It’s performance art that has shape and intention. And she has the courage to take a risk and not worry if we like it.

Of course, different screams for different folks, so YMMV (and probably will). And I don’t think I’d sit around listening to a whole album. But I respect her.

No worries. It’s all subjective especially when it comes to art. I love sound art installations. More fan of huge, weird and ambient soundscapes. Less fan of Yoko producing sounds :sweat_smile: YMMV

I’d say she wasn’t in sight of the boundaries of music anymore than a 2 year old randomly banging on the ole 88’s…no structure and I can’t see how anybody could call it enjoyable…but …If it was music it should be repeatable and I doubt she could make a recognizably close repeat performance…I mean it’s not like it’s Guitarzan or anything…although there are similarities…so maybe it’s her cover version missing a couple of tracks???