Jamming with others outdoor

Hi everyone!
It’s been a long time that my boyfriend and I want to jam together in the nature or at the beach (he plays the guitar). However, I’m struggling to find a way to play outdoor that it’s not too complicated. I know that there are plenty of ways to play outdoor, but all of them are too expensive and more for “professionals“ or not so easy to carry. I’m just searching for a portable amp, as small as possible and that could work with batteries or that is rechargeable. I read your topic about portable amps, but I have the impression that nothing with those features has been mentioned:/ probably it doesn’t exist at all. Or if anyone has ever jammed outdoor, could you please tell me how you did?

I’d really appreciate all your suggestions,

Angela

2 Likes

@barney just got a battery powered amp that he likes and seems reasonably priced. I’m sure he will comment here.

1 Like

I assume you’re referring to this thread:

Did you check this one as well?

1 Like

It’s cheap and “good” enough for using it outdoor against an acoustic guitar.

2 Likes

You can get a small PA speaker assuming you have access to power. If not battery powered amp.
LyxPro SPA-5.5 Small PA Speaker Monitor Class-D Amplifier 3 Channel Mixer 3 Band EQ, Powerful Compact Active Speaker System amp with mixer 48V Phantom Power Amazon.com

There are many ways to interpret “outdoor”, I either picture backyard on the porch that’s easy enough or at the park, then I see “Do, Re, Mi” scene from the sound of music, lol. That would be a night mare as there’s nothing for the sound wave to bounce back, the battery powered amp will be pretty useless.

Ah. Here is what I was referring to…

1 Like

Consider the Joyo. It’s cheap and works well within its limitations (10 watts into a 5" speaker). It uses batteries or an ac adapter (included) and even has hideaway strap pegs so you can add a guitar strap and sling it over your shoulder.

It has an aux input and a headphone jack so it also works well as a practice amp.

(Don’t know why this link won’t embed :frowning_face:)

1 Like

I disagree here.

I’m on my second. The grille rattled on the first and after some time same thing happened on the second. Tone is meh. I was a fan but have changed my opinion.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ve had mine just under a year and haven’t had any problems, although there was only about a month in which I was using it daily. Right now it’s my workbench amp.

Agree regarding tone, but I guess that at this price point my expectations are fairly low. :smiley:

1 Like

You could consider acoustic instruments that don’t require anything other than the instrument.

3 Likes

JBL Partybox 100 High Power Portable Wireless Bluetooth Audio System - Black (Renewed) https://a.co/d/cvoatD1

I have one of these and like it a lot. Has good battery life. Bass plays well through it.

3 Likes

My wife vetoed that for our camping trips :smile: So I got a little Bass cube instead.

1 Like

that’s a bummer

1 Like

She wasn’t serious, but to be fair I don’t need 100w to play bass at a campsite.

Anyway it looks like an awesome system.

2 Likes

Oh ho ho I disagree.
You play great.
Everyone and everycritter around should get to enjoy it too

2 Likes

I understand where she is coming from, you need at least 1000 watt to please her.

3 Likes

I’m just saying, if you pack light on the camping gear…

5 Likes

Can I get 2 of those please.

I have a blackstar and like it. It’s pretty good for the price and size.

2 Likes

Yeah and I like Blackstar preamps too, the headphones output sounds amazing. I’m considering getting the second cab for stereo link. Wonder how much boost that will give to the volume.