JBL Eon One Compact/3.5mm input question

My brother and I play quite a few duo gigs. We both sing. He plays an acoustic and I alternate between bass (80% of the time) and an electric guitar. In these settings, I run through a Helix Stomp directly into the mixer.
We’d like to get a JBL Eon One. It has two inputs for microphones, one for guitar, and a 1/8 inch input. Would the 1/8 work for my bass? I tried going from my stop to our mixer to the 1/8 input of our regular speaker, and it seemed to work great. I would be so much easier to have a single speaker without a board to take to our smaller gigs.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Why not just run your mixer outs to the PA input? Too much hassle to carry both?

2 Likes

Even if it works will you plug a bass or guitar into the 3.5mm jack? You’d need the
TRS or TRS-TRRS cable I think. In a pinch at home doing some recording maybe, live gig? Prolly not a good idea.

According to the Owner’s Manual, the 3.5 mm input (CH 5/6) is meant “for use with personal music players”. That means it must be a line input, so it probably won’t be able to handle instrument input levels.

2 Likes

yes, it would need at least a preamp / amp sim in front of the PA.

1 Like

Yeah. Bare minimum you’d need to front it with a preamp. For multiple inputs I would recommend at minimum a small mixer.