Join Bass Lines On The Fly - Become A Bassist

I’m thinking about buying this course. It sounds good to me. I have a basic knowledge of bass playing, having done Beginner to badass.
I’ve more or less grounded to a halt in my progress after I finished Josh’s excellent course. Has anybody any experience with this course?

4 Likes

I’m not familiar with that. Let us know what you think of it.

1 Like

I get Luke’s emails on a regular basis and watch his snippets which are good. I’ve just never gotten interested in signing up for any of his courses. Let us know what you think.

2 Likes

I went for this course as I find Luke’s teaching style quite easy to follow, probably the next best thing to Josh’s content for me personally. Definitely fits well post-B2B.

It helped really open up some concepts to me, some things that I had seen/heard other online teachers going over that - for whatever reason - only made sense to me hearing them the way Luke explained them. And since I see myself as creatively lacking, it also helped put me on the path of coming up with new, more fun and appropriate ideas of what to play and when.

It’s quite an expensive course though mind you. I kept it as I was quite confident in the content that I could keep going back to it (I haven’t much but that’s totally on me… might review it since it’s been brought up!). I would recommend it if you think that you will have a good amount of time not just to work through the course, but also willing to put in time and effort into creating your own things after most of the lessons/modules.

His courses are usually offered with a pretty generous 60 day money back guarantee if it’s not for you, so I’d say it’s certainly worth a try if you feel like it’s relevant to where you are and where you want to be in your bass journey!

4 Likes

Looks like a fun course.

Thanks for the answer. Just like you say, it’s expensive.
I have a couple of days to make up my mind. :thinking:

1 Like

A lot of us opted for talking bass courses, which IMO are a very good next logical step.

Mark runs specials all the time with 30% off as well and gives you a 10% off when you buy the first course.

Scales
Chord tones
Sight reading
Are all excellent.

I’ve regretted a lot of course buying in my time, but none of talking bass’ courses.

3 Likes

You should be able to opt to pay in installments instead of all in one go which might make the initial 60 day period a bit more viable.

But as has also been said here, TalkingBass courses are also very worth a look into and there are seasonal sales on those courses which you might like to wait for. Mark’s style is less “fun” than say Josh or Luke, but you cannot fault the quality of the content - arguably better value for money in that sense, but again, it depends what area you’re looking to develop :slight_smile:

1 Like

A big time yes for Talking Bass courses. The “Let’s have some fun!” factor is not cranked up to 11 as it is with Josh’s lessons, but Mark Smith’s theory and technique content is invaluable.

It does take a lot of personal effort and practice, but that’s what really learning bass requires.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies. I looked around on Talkbass and think I’ll wait for a sale and buy some courses there.

2 Likes

Great idea. Mark has sales of up 35% off. Black Friday is likely next.

2 Likes