July 2020 Bassbuzz Challenge

Great job @Vik,
Nice tone on your bass, and having your pet birds flying through while making your video, very impressive.
On a serious note, your getting around the fret board really nicely, enjoyed watching you play.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Nice going @Vik

I was hoping to have my 24 frets bass ready before the end of the month, but no luck :frowning: I’m still at the first 3 bars, and it’s still very uncomfortable even with the changed keys on my main bass (and single one in comission at the moment).

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Yes, there is a bird feeder, right next to where the camera was on the porch, and the wild hummingbirds have no fear in coming around, even if myself and the amp are right there :grin:

For this piece, it’s almost the opposite tone than what I’d usually have - pretty low setting on the bass, and the low mids, turned up on high mids/treble - for some reason, the upper registers just came out better like that.

All good, if you end up doing more of it down the road, please post - thanks for sending in the first 3 bars right then, right away - those 1st 3-4 bars sort of define the whole thing, so kind of works just doing those!

5 Likes