Just arrived

Here she is, nothing to write home about but this little beauty will get me on my way to many a happy day hopefully
Squier Bass with the Rumble 15
Time for lesson 1

27 Likes

Very nice! Cool color.

5 Likes

Congrats! Love that finish! I debated between this and my natural J-bass and it was a real tossup. Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congratulations and enjoy the course!

5 Likes

Woooh! Congrats @ian321!
Enjoy the ride! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face:!
Classic looking bass. Enjoy

5 Likes

you can’t go wrong with a P :grin:

7 Likes

Lovely Bass :slight_smile: I really like that colour!

5 Likes

Yeah agree with @terb, a Squier P/J is an excellent and versatile choice to start with. Nice choice!

6 Likes

I have the same bass but red @ian321 and I love it! Don’t underestimate what you have. That’s an amazing bass and I love the tone and feel of it!

4 Likes

Congratulations @ian321 ! You have excellent taste in instruments.

(I have the exact same bass. :smiley: )

6 Likes

oooo is that shade what they call tobaco burst ? I might smart smoking again and get blistered fingers. Grea

3 Likes

oops, sorry, crippled ring finger (and not only obviously). So great @ian321, I’m sure you will enjoy both this bazzbuzz joint and playing this beauty. Let us know by all means :wink:

3 Likes

Hey @crippledring , really enjoying the course, on lesson 2 module 2 at the moment, going well, bass feels and sounds great but have a few questions.
My strings range in “action”( just learnt that) from E to G, where the G string is close to the pickup more so than the other strings and the E string is higher than the rest, is this normal? Can see my saddles on the bridge (hope that’s right) do range in height to the strings, again , not sure if this is correct?

3 Likes

Hi @Ian321, this is definitely a technical question and what you express is right and founded. I would suggest you speak with a fellow bass player. However, if your current “action” feels comfortable reaching your E string and the same is true with the other strings then OK. Don’t be too much in a hurry if I may say. Some bass players love their strings as close as feasible to the fretboard, some others as remote as possible. The sound and play feel will vary accordingly. Maybe lesson 2 is a little early to be fully acquainted with such esoteric, also physical concepts. Let us know and “bon courage”

4 Likes

There’s a lot of really great info on these threads:

Tons of great info in there, and there’s some nice videos as well if you scroll far enough!

4 Likes

This is normal. The larger the string, the more it will disrupt the magnetic field of the pickup making a difference in how loud that string is.

Unless you are having an issue with one of your strings being louder than the others, It’s nothing to be concerned about.

3 Likes

…and if it is an issue, you can adjust both string and pickup height very easily on most basses.

4 Likes

@ian321 That’s a beaut!

3 Likes

Yeah brother. That should get you well on your way. You will get plenty of life out of this for sure.

4 Likes