Just lost my used car manager

At my job to COVID. He got it at the same time as me. He was unvaccinated. He wasn’t against it or anything. Just said he couldn’t find the time. He was on ventilator for the max time. His kidneys failed several days ago and he was totally unresponsive. RIP Sam Shehadah. He is going to be missed so much. Such a sweetheart of a guy.

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss…

3 Likes

Thanks. He was a rare dude. Honest, didn’t get caught up in work BS or politics. Just a genuinely good man all around

4 Likes

Life sucks sometimes. Sorry for your loss

3 Likes

I work at a Honda/Nissan/Ford auto complex. He was our used car buyer, appraiser, and manager. Just a really good man which is hard to find in the car business

2 Likes

ugh, that just sucks. Sorry man.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I’m usually a big procrastinator and I waited a while before getting mine because I was working from home… but I figured I’d need it to travel for work so I finally got it back in may. They made it pretty easy here, they set up a walk in clinic at the yacht club I ride past every day omw home from work so it was tough to make excuses for not going.

2 Likes

It was super tough to get one here, finally got my last shot last month through work. Everyone I know was jumping through hoops to try and get theirs.

Since then it’s gotten a lot smoother though, Japan’s over 50% vaccinated now despite its late start.

So important, get vaccinated everyone.

4 Likes

Were like 80% here? The problem is that the unvaxinated people are all the ones having parties and making no effort to not spread it around so we have more cases than last year when there was no vaccine. People think they’re safe because they’re vaccinated and they aren’t; they’re just safer.

2 Likes

I was vaccinated and got it, probably from Sam TBH. It tore my ass up. I’m still dealing with shortness of breath, low energy and no focus.

4 Likes

Yeah, at this point in the end we are all going to get infected at some point; vaccination will play a large factor in how bad it is for you (or if your body just immediately fights it off.)

But in the end people didn’t take it seriously enough, and now it’s here for good.

2 Likes

I’ve heard from a couple of customers in the US that it was really rough, but I don’t know anyone who has had it other than my daughter’s friend and it was just like a cold for her. Probably a very good thing you were vaccinated. Hope your recovery goes well. I can relate to those symptoms, that’s no fun.

3 Likes

Damn. I’m sorry for your loss. RIP Sam.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it. We’re constantly getting the stats in the papers but it’s only when it hits home like this that you can feel it… I’ve been nagging my friends and family to get vaccinated for months and fortunately (most) have given in.

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I’ve lost a few friends and family members as well. It’s a tough thing.

@howard
Sadly, with probably 1/2 the world’s population not reachable for vaccination, it wouldn’t have mattered if the US had vaccinated every man, woman, and child. I really do understand the sentiment of if only we could have “defeated” covid and wanting someone to blame for being irresponsible, but in the end, it was and still is a pandemic for a reason. Borders aren’t going to hold back the virus and new variants are going to continue until general immunity makes it rare enough world wide and not in any specific geographic area.

1 Like