Just ordered!

These are not strings to slap with. Steel or stainless steel for that.

4 Likes

Day was when I thought a Peterson tuner or TI strings were crazy expensive and no way.

I’ve got a Peterson clip on, still no TI but think it would be a reasonable expense but I gassed for it now

3 Likes

I just ordered one too, already have the stomp but one came up on reverb for $90 free shipping so I just grabbed it. It could permanently in my bag.

3 Likes

Every tuner I own—even the UniTune from TC Electronics—has trouble finding the low-B on a 5-string . I’m hoping that the Peterson StroboStomp proves to be the holy grail.

It’s 15% off at Sweetwater through the end of day (May 31 '22).

3 Likes

It is

4 Likes

I had the same problem and got it sorted with the Peterson tuner app for IOS and Android.
Pretty good deal for a Peterson strobe tuner for less than $10.

You guys really need to start using the search function on the forum. :upside_down_face:

Here is a link to extensive coverage on this topic on the forum.

2 Likes

IIRC, the Android version of the tuner did not have half the functionality of the iOS versions and the iOS version was not compatible with iPods. So count me out. :no_good_woman:

Hardware is preferable anyway since I share equipment with my hubby :couple: who will be performing this month. I think he’d rather use a KLIQ tuner pedal (retail $29.99!) than rely on a phone app.

Btw, the StroboStomp arrived today and it’s woah right out the box. This pedal is built like a tank and it found the low B first pluck. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

The iOS version comes with a lot, yeah, and is also coin operated to get more. Several IAP addons.

1 Like

What do you mean with coin and IAP? Just curious :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Nice! The Strobo is probably the best tuner in pedal form. I tried it out but it wasn’t worth getting it over my Korg and Boss tuners.

1 Like

Coin-operated was a joke. IAP = In-app purchases. The app is initially inexpensive comes with a lot; it also has a lot more you can purchase as additional features like oscilloscopes, from within the app later if you want them.

3 Likes

Yeah I got it too :heart: Thanks for explaining. I learned about 50 abbreviations on my last project so it seems I forgot some obvious ones :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Works just fine on my Motorola Android phone. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Couldn’t get it to work on mine :person_tipping_hand:

3 Likes

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO a flip phone and what looks like a pull up antenna. :slightly_smiling_face:

Mine is connected through an iRig,

I found ambient noise kills a lot of phone app tuners, using the phone’s internal mike, especially in jam sessions. YMMV

1 Like

Well, the Strobostomp is exactly as advertised. I was amazed by how far off the clip-ons I had were when intonating. It does what it is supposed to do. I have to admit, chords do sound mych cleaner when strings are tuned perfectly especially in the higher registers. I am actually more excited about the TI Jazz rounds. Man these things allow an action so low that a whisper can sound a note. I had to adjust the truss and action height to be able to play without buzzing. I let the neck settle overnight so hopefully tonight I can play with no extraneous noises. They require a delicate touch but your fingers can fly because the effort to fret a note is almost non-existent. Now, I know what the hype is about and why they cost. No problems with the light gauges and they intonated just fine after adjusting the neck and action. And from what I have read, they settle in nicely over time. I am now a TI fanboi. Oh, one thing I forgot to mention. I love the way Sterling necks are adjusted. That little wheel is so much easier to use (at least for me).

3 Likes

Damnit, I didn’t want to hear that about the Strobostomp. I’ve been trying to deny my Sweetwater rep any summer spending cash.

2 Likes

I have a Snark clip-on and a Korg clip-on. The Strobo showed me how useless they really were. They both showed my basses were intonated perfectly. The Strobo showed me that they were wrong. I intonated all 5 last night using the Strobo and the chords in higher registers sound almost like a piano/bell on all but especially my Ray34 that I put the Jazz rounds on. I honestly thought the Jazz flats on my Jazz bass was the panacea of bass sounds. Now, I think the Jazz rounds have taken that title. I cannot see how any string can beat it…and contrary to popular belief, they slap very well. Just gotta use a light thumb action.

2 Likes

Oh, it is also built like a tank. There is a tutorial online that will open up all of it’s capabilities. Probably best product I have bought in a while that is bass related.

1 Like

Told ya :grin: Glad you like them - great strings (though probably not so much for slap :joy:)

EDIT: ok, just saw your last mail… awesome they slap well as well!

2 Likes