Latest issue of Bass Player magazine is really good

I subscribed to this a few months ago just to see how good it was. On average, its ok. Reviews lag the internet, some articles good, but this month’s issue is really good.

• a look at the internet’s 4-top bass players making BIG bucks and basically never playing live and what the future of this medium may bring with (now millionare) Davie504 leading the charge.
  • crossover interview between Stu Hamm and Ari Cap on playing, teaching, etc

Last month had a good article on John Paul Jones as well.

There is an e version of the mag for tablets and PC for folks in areas that don’t have hard copies.

13 Likes

You gotta hand it to Davie504. Clever dude!

5 Likes

I read that whole cover in Davie’s voice and was anticipating an article about getting a bigger pp on page 420. Lmao. sad raindrop effect

7 Likes

The guy is marketing genius. I cannot stand that stage persona of his, but from time to time I watch a couple of his videos and … I get it why he is so popular.

4 Likes

Big Brain stuff here.
I love Davie504, his dry humor, he’s really clever on many levels.
He does great bringing in old bits and snippets that are ‘inside jokes’ if you watch him long enough.

6 Likes

Slap like now

6 Likes

Davie504 is smug and annoying. Really don’t like his schtick.

3 Likes

Ever see his “real personality” interviews? He’s actually pretty humble and seems generally to be a good guy.

The channel persona is his day job. It’s his act.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think he’s a good guy at all, and no I haven’t seen him in interviews.

1 Like

It turns out he’s quite different when being himself and not acting.

1 Like

Some of his stuff… meh. But this… 100 Amazing Bass Lines - YouTube

1 Like

I love how he just casually tunes down to Drop D perfectly on the fly at 8:28 for song number 69 (of course :slight_smile:).

2 Likes

Ha, yeah. It was like - quarter turn, that will do it.

1 Like

Not to mention he’s a phenomenal bass player wether you find him annoying or not. Lol

4 Likes

Stuuuuuuuuuu!!!? :sunglasses:

Bass Legend and all around good guy.

1 Like

Davie504 battles Davide Biale.

EPICO!

Bass Player magazine is great, it’s nice to get a physical copy too - if you google something like “bass player magazine subscription”, you can get a deal where it ends up being really cheap per issue. Guessing they must make their money on ads, I was getting it for just over a buck an issue, you’d think the postage just to send it would be more than that?!

1 Like

I haven’t bought a magazine in maybe 10 years!

1 Like

That’s almost the same time I was involuntarily retired from the magazine publishing business LOL

P.S. It was 2004 actually

1 Like

I’ve meet stu, yup very nice guy. Down to earth. Long time member of Bass Player too.

3 Likes