Learning Songs

I’m looking for good YouTube channels that teach you how to play songs on the bass.

2 Likes

:innocent:

4 Likes

Bass Buzz is great, but for songs, go to Josh Fossgreen’s Personal Youtube Channel has a lot of tutorials for learning songs where he plays it thru with tabs, but also breaks down the songs section by section. Plus, you can be sure that you are learning the song correctly, there are errors in songs by other channels.
they are not ALL wrong, and you can certainly play the song, and it is good, just from the album, the notes are not exactly the same.

These channels do play thru’s with tabs, but don’t break down the songs with tutorials. Cover Solutions, I have learned a song, and play it the way I learned it there, and for the most part it is fine, but it is not actually correct.
Still it does the trick.

Guitar Tab Lab
and
Cover Solutions

3 Likes

Also, online is Ultimate Guitar
They give tabs, some songs you can isolate the bass part, or turn it off so you can play to the rest of the music.
some songs have great transcriptions, some are horrible.
Users can post tabs as well as ones that are OFFICIAL, done by Ultimate Guitar.
Even some official songs are not actually correct, but for me, I got my money worth in a week, learning songs that I wanted to, and all I paid was a one time special year rate of $24.99, which is a COVID special, discount from the normal $39.99. Plus, for signing up, the roll over every year is only $24.99 if you get it during the Covid special.

I don’t know if I will keep rolling over or not, I mean, it is a good place to go for general information, but you need to be careful, some things are just wrong, but as you learn, you can also start to correct what is wrong on your own, so it can be a learning tool as well.

Like I said, as long as you go in, knowing what to look out for, the cost was way worth it for me.

3 Likes